lying on scholarship applications (1 Viewer)

Mythos

HSC
So i was talking to a friend about the USYD merit scholarships and apparently he knows someone who edited his school reports in the application and got a scholarship??? How did USYD not find out, is this legit?? I hope it's not true because i want to have a chance at the scholarships :/

sy37

HSC
Yeah honestly it's not something I would do, but it's something, at the same time, I could see people doing and getting away with.

Flop21

HSC
This could easily happen if they don't check and confirm report marks with the school.

crowley926

HSC
That's so dodgy wtf I hope that's not true
in any case don't be tempted to lie and cheat because if they do find out you are dead

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
That's so dodgy wtf I hope that's not true
in any case don't be tempted to lie and cheat because if they do find out you are dead
USYD will literally murder you.

In seriousness, this is definitely possible if USYD doesn't do the proper verification checks. As someone that works in Admin you can get very lazy with that sort of stuff. I definitely wouldn't recommend it though. It's not a risk worth taking.

hsclife

HSC
I thought unis check with the school regarding applications, also your reports aren't as important as your atar or personal statement

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A
dob in your friend and let usyd do their due diligence.

committing a fraud against a university is not exactly a smart move.

Flop21

HSC
dob in your friend and let usyd do their due diligence.

committing a fraud against a university is not exactly a smart move.
tbh I'm surprised the guy lied and then TOLD people about it.

sida1049

HSC
In the final part of the Merit scholarship application, there's a small section which includes optional declarations which apparently "will not affect your application process" (paraphrasing), and the very first one was something along the lines of "I give permission for the University of Sydney to confirm academic achievements and marks with my school".

So you know, I assumed that if you don't agree to it, you're probably somewhere way down at the bottom of their list.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
If u dont agree with it. They chuck ur app in the bin. Coz they know ur a shifty kient

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)