M/C ANSWERS HERE! poll what u got!!!! (1 Viewer)

look at answers, what did u get?

• can\'t remember what i said

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • <13

Votes: 4 8.7%

Votes: 3 6.5%

Votes: 11 23.9%

Votes: 20 43.5%

• Total voters

macca202

im sure robs/my answers are right. i hope not too many got 20/20
Mulit Choice Answers
here are the answers
1.b
2.c
3.a bet you some said (d)! it seems right but book says otherwise
4.a
5.d
6.b
7.d
8.a
9.b
10.c i can understand if u said (b)!!
11.b
12.d
13.b
14.a Yes i'm sure!, but whats a means test? no i'm no longer sure
15.c
16.d
17.c
18.a
19.c
20.d

Last edited:

macca202

14) no im not so sure now!! someone quoted a book in this forum which said (a) worsens inequality, and some one else here said that their teacher said (c) was the answer!!!! whats is the answer??

cainen

don't worry dude the answer is definately a. C would increase inequality coz it means anyone could apply for and get social security regardless of their income etc

macca202

ive changed my mind again.
cainen said

Cainen : A means test is like they test your income and asset ownership etc to see if you're eligible for the benefits. The answer is definately not c because that means some guy on a hundred grand a year could apply for social security and get it due to there being no means test. The answer is definately a.

FS

Q14 is A, as the removal of a means test would increase inequality wouldnt it?

macca202

HOLD UP!!!!!!!!!
i change my mind a lot, if a person on $100,000 a year quits and goes on the dole, then less ppl are in the higher wage bracket and more in the lower braket . so than means..... i duno what doea that mean??

cainen

It would mean that he should have to pass a means test to prove he can no longer provide for himself and should receive the dole...or 'newstart' or whatever it is its now known as.

nakata

i would personally think it is A, the reason i put C was because of wat my text book said, it may be an error.
but i guess you could think this way, the higher income earners rely on wages and salaries as their means of income, and the lower income earners rely on welfare benefits. unless your a greedy high income earner, you would exploid the reduction in means testing. And i guess that is very possible.

so A is the BEST answer i guess, which means the author of my text book is wrong! arrr.

macca202

hold up again, with no means test then everyone can get the dole right?
so say the dole payment is $10
say Paul gets paid $1 a week and Harry gets $2 a week,
without getting the dole there is highish inequality,
with dole Paul gets $11 and Harry gets $12, therfore there is a more equal disribution of income!!! DAMMMM, SHIT FUCK CRAP !!!!
Actually the quesion doesn't mention "distribution" but i uess u can assume that. So that might allow (c) to be right, and if the book says (a) is wrong then (c) is definetely the right answer. FUCK!!!!!

kaseita

what you on about?
yes, they may get the dole, but the dole is nothing compared to how much they get for their job.
all the lower paid workers are going to have their incomes pushed up to a minimum level, and if mean testing is still in, then those who really do need money, are going to get the dole. overall, incomes are going to rise, particularly for the lowest paid people, decreasing the inequality between the lowest paid worker, and the highest.

if there is no safety net, then the lowest paid workers are going to get poorly paid, and while they may decide to leave work, and get the dole, the dole is not going to get as much money as someone who works, WITH a safety net/minimum level.

macca202

well i was just trying to justify why the textbook says (a) cannot be the answer. There must be some way we can find out the answer, without having to wait untill the BOS publish the answer. But yeah you can argue both ways, lets just hope (a) is the answer!!!

JeffyboyJJ

HSC
I got all the same answers as you even for 14 which has got to be A.
But for question 18 all my mates reckon it is D but I put A........ what is the right answer?

Ronnie

18 is definitely A

price decreased thats obvious

the Supply increases.... that means the quota (the number of goods allowed into the economy) has also been increased

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
"say Paul gets paid $1 a week and Harry gets $2 a week,
without getting the dole there is highish inequality,
with dole Paul gets $11 and Harry gets $12, therfore there is a more equal disribution of income!!! DAMMMM, SHIT FUCK CRAP !!!!"

firstly if ur on a dole, den u arent getting a wage.

and i fink ppl on the dole are only a minority

Ronnie

-=MLhtʻ=- brudda....... what you said will never happen!
your wage will never be lower than the dole, thats just the stupidest hypothetical I've ever seen in my whole life! the dole is meant to cover just your basic needs!

spice girl

magic mirror
You're going too bloody deep

A "means test" is a test that allows the government to 'target' social security funding to those who actually needs it.

If you remove that, there'll be people who abuse the system, and that will certainly increase inequality.

Brenno_

i got all the same answers as were first published, except 14, and 16. 14 i got c, 16 i just got wrong, dam. i didnt put 14 a) cos there already is a safety-net wage system....so 'introduction' just didnt sound right

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I kno what u mean

The lesson I learned with question 14 was "read the question"
I was in the "they are talking about Australia" mindset, so I was thinking "there already is a safety net system"

:rolleyes:

gman

HSC
14 is (a) (at least i hope it is). our textbook says the whole point of a safety net is to establish comparative wage justice as part of a centralised industrial relations system. the fact it still exists as part of a decentralised system is to cut down on the inequalities caused by the decentralised system and protect low income earners. although tightening the means testing will lead to inequality (as thats what the government is doing now) the reciprocal doesnt lower inequality for the range of reasons people have already said so. anyway, its economics, nothing makes sense! its all contradictions!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)