[ m u s i c] (1 Viewer)

JeffBuckley

The Whitlams were formed on the 26th of January 1992, the day of Triple J's first Big Day Out, when Stevie Plunder and Tim Freedman got drunk, and as they didn't have anything else to do, started The Whitlams.

Now for you question, Do you knw why EN was called its name?

dissonance

geez, I go to a guitar lesson...come back and just look all the drama!

So I sit down to reply to it and half-way through a fuse blew so the computer's power got cut....and so after a fun little outing to the fuse box I'm ready to make my voice heard...or at least read I guess...

Firstly, smegger_em: were you being sarcastic or do you really want to know more about my band? Well nonetheless we have a big meeting tomorrow afternoon with some people so I'll tell you exactly how my band is going then...

You're right Nelly, not everyone that likes rap fits the stereotype. I personally am not a huge fan of hip-hop because I feel like they may as well should be reciting poetry and give up on the repetitve garbage that accompanies it. (this is just my personal opinion here...)

"I'm assuming he is a he" haha, if that ever changes I'll be sure to let you know...

I saw machine gun fallatio at hombake.....the power cut out during mid-song...they wern't happy campers. Seriously the stripper they always had only just gotten on stage too:rolleyes:

smegger, now that I see you mentioned powderfinger I went to their show last year that had SFK as the supporting band.....It was an alright show:D

"band=cool" ha, I like that type of logic...

haha, anyway, at least you didn't propose to someone else behind my back...
Billy

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
It was about Tims distructive behaviour when he was upset over stevie and andy's death, having one more drink and the one moe, the nightcap was eternal.
For bonus points, it was originally going to be called Dating the Whitlams.
Alright, your question. What instument does Louis Burdett, from you sound like Louis Burdett, play on the whitlams albums?

JeffBuckley

Originally posted by smegger_em
It was about Tims distructive behaviour when he was upset over stevie and andy's death, having one more drink and the one moe, the nightcap was eternal.
For bonus points, it was originally going to be called Dating the Whitlams.
Alright, your question. What instument does Louis Burdett, from you sound like Louis Burdett, play on the whitlams albums?
Wll I know that Louis is Tims friend,They used to live together in Tempe, HE PLAYED THE DRUMS MAN who wouldnt know that.
O.K wich of the whitlams albums have secret tracks, and for bonus points you have to sing them.

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
HSC
Secret Tracks -
Introducing
Undinabley (re-release)
Enternal Nightcap (first edition)
I am singing them right now, you just cant hear me. Bonus points for me.
Alright, who did the Whitlams tour Canada with, bonus points if you can say why they had to quit the tour half way through

rosie-kide

No reason

I'm here at home, bored, agitated, tired, everything.

Let's have a whinge.

Let me just say that I am all for:

Jeff Buckley
Gomez
Ben Harper
(insert here, the ones that I have forgotten)

Tim Buckley's pretty good too.

Actually like most of you, I'm a bit of everything.

Does anyone have a collection of film soundtracks? I can't get enough of them: Twin Falls Idaho, I am sam....

The Avalanches... someone please reply. Im dying out here.

oh yeh, anyone heard the Jack Johnson CD? I bought it and although I dig his stuff, I think he sounds way too much like a mixture of Coldplay, Ben Harper, bit of Jimi here and there. I dont know, it might be just me, and although a lot of artists are inspired by others, it just annoys me because I want some different all the bloody time. Actually Ben Harper plays the slide guitar in the fifth song "Flake".

But I think that's enough from me. I need to get out.

and some sleep.

:eek: :mad: :mad: :p

JeffBuckley

Originally posted by smegger_em
Secret Tracks -
Introducing
Undinabley (re-release)
Enternal Nightcap (first edition)
I am singing them right now, you just cant hear me. Bonus points for me.
Alright, who did the Whitlams tour Canada with, bonus points if you can say why they had to quit the tour half way through
O.K they toured with blue rodeo, and hey they toured twice in canada, was this a trick question?

O.K your question:
Who are 'no aphrodisiac' and 'Melbourne' about?
and for added points name this person
and no if I dont hear yu sing you get NO points!!!!

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
HSC
They toured with blue rodeo twice. They pulled out half way through the second time cause Tim got the news that Andy had died.

Ok i know that Melbourne and No Aphrodisiac were writen about a girl friend (or for Aphrodisiac ex-girlfriend) of Tim's but i have no idea what here name is, but i do know she was one of the few people in Australia who didnt like the No Aphrodisiac.

Right, your question is name at least TWO bands Tim was in before the Whitlams and bonus points for any others you can come up with.

Oh and i dont care what you say, i am taking the bonus singing points cause you can ask anyone i know and they will tell you that i never stop singing whitlams no matter how imapropriate the song may be or how badly my voice is off key.

JeffBuckley

Ok I can name three bands that were b4 before the whitlams
Stevie had spent eight years with some pop group called the The Plunderers.
Tim had also experimented with punk and indi pop (WEIRD) those bands were called Itchy Feet and Penguins On Safari. Tim was also in a band with his bro, I think it was called Olive Branch and Nick then became an actor in home and away.
Are you keeping score of the points here because I am not and I wuld realy like to win.
What will I get if I do win?
Can we get married if I win? lol

JeffBuckley

O.K I forgot to ask a question...you can not get out of it that easily.
O.K this is getting hard I will now have to ask stupid things like, what I am about to ask.
What is tims favourite colour?
To wich you could reply with absolutley anything and I would say yes correct because I dont have a damn clue what his favourite colour is.
HAVE FUN GETTING FREE POINTS

dansnation

its glory and consequence by the one and only ben harper.

other music i like: lenny kravitz, u2, directions in groove..

on the more electronic side of things i like drum n bass, uplifting trance.. but theres no chance ull catch me listening to that while im studying, its impossible.

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
HSC
Nelly, got to www.thewhitlams.com and have a listen, the coolest aussie band.

Tims favourite colour can be green cause its mine. And cause i have a picture of him looking beautiful in a green t-shirt (just sayign that to get my fiancee jealous)

Alright, your question...what single was 400 miles from darwin a b-side to?

Yep, we can definetly get married if you get 32.4 more pints

JeffBuckley

O.K then we are getting married.I'v told my mother and she was extatic! as am I.
O.K well I am ging to just take a stab at it and say none or underniably.
Alright.
Where was the 'cotton sox' remark from? Tim said it and you should know it if you are true a fan as you make out.
Have fun with this little doozey.
Jeff:p

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
OMG!! :eek:
enuff wit the whitlams plzzz..!! (i asked nicely hehe) but i think we get the point...ya know!

lalala...nelly! nelly! nelly!...ja rule! ja rule! ja rule!...selwyn! selwyn! selwyn!...craig david! craig david! craig david! :D
want me to continue?? haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)