///M5 Fanatic?! (1 Viewer)

dan_ster

HSC
If you're as passionate and obsessed about the E60 M5 as i am, feel free to comment and discuss this beast!

Last edited:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
dan_ster said:
If you're as passionate and obsessed about the E60 M5 as i am, feel free to comment and discuss this beast!
hell yeh...beautiful car and omg i saw one parked in Chatswood a few weeks ago :) i almost had an accident in my pants...

i made my dad buy an E60 525i, not quite an M5 (cant afford it :p) but still...and i drove it yesterday :D

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
My uncle has ordered an M6- shall report on how it drives when it arrives. It should be similar to the M5.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't mind the 5 series- but I don't like it how the luxury cars are moving away from the woodgrain and using the shiny black plastics... I guess that makes me somewhat oldskewl but it feels wrong seeing a $100k luxury sedan without any wood in it.

dan_ster

HSC
The M5, like the 5 Series, has been the creation of Chris Bangle; which has caused either love it or hate it designs. Even though the M5 isn't perfect, i personally don't see any design faults or disproportional bits. I think the visual appeal plus the extraordinary power makes it a truly 4 door supercar... :p

Btw, how do you put a picture into your post?

transcendent

HSC
N/A
looks good, but i haven't heard alot of good stuff about it. car journos don't like the iDrive and the car is suited more for a track then everyday. it doesn't get the same fanfare as the M3. not a fan of BMWs.

rden

HSC
as much as i like the M5, i can't help but think that it isn't powerful enough. 370~kw isn't really enough for a large sport sedan these days especially when you consider that HSV will inevitably release a car with power at least equalling it when the new commodore is released. I think it may be slightly lacking in torque, considering that it's a n/a 5.0L that has 1800+ kg to push.

Zozo6969

HSC
rden said:
as much as i like the M5, i can't help but think that it isn't powerful enough. 370~kw isn't really enough for a large sport sedan these days especially when you consider that HSV will inevitably release a car with power at least equalling it when the new commodore is released. I think it may be slightly lacking in torque, considering that it's a n/a 5.0L that has 1800+ kg to push.
Mate its a friken V10 with 373kw and 520Nm of torque. 4.7s to 100kmh and a low 13 to high 12 quarter mile. That will blow any HSV, and for only double the price!

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
There's a reason why German-tuned cars can accomplish so much more with much less. I still don't get what their huge secret is, but how can a 5.5L V8 Benz (say, a C55 Kleeman-tuned) beat a HSV GTS300 which has the huge Chevrolet 5.7L V8?

dan_ster

HSC
Zozo6969 said:
Mate its a friken V10 with 373kw and 520Nm of torque. 4.7s to 100kmh and a low 13 to high 12 quarter mile. That will blow any HSV, and for only double the price!
Haha...so true! Now, i just need to climb all the way up the corporate ladder, make myself comfy and then buy the fastest four door...:cool:

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
There's a reason why German-tuned cars can accomplish so much more with much less. I still don't get what their huge secret is, but how can a 5.5L V8 Benz (say, a C55 Kleeman-tuned) beat a HSV GTS300 which has the huge Chevrolet 5.7L V8?
Heh. Because Chevrolet 5.7 V8 is half a century old. Pushrod technology has been long surpassed by things such as SOHC, DOHC, VVT, and so on. The big Benzes even have variable length intake/exhaust manifolds controlled by butterfly valves, for more power at various RPM levels. In this scenario it is not really beyond belief as there is a mere 300cc difference between the two. It becomes much more interesting when you see Bimmer engines with a litre less displacement outdoing the big block Chevs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)