Mac or wollongong (1 Viewer)

TheStu1

HSC
i got early entry for both Mac and wollongong offers for B of commerce (major in accounting), which is better with job prospect? and just overall

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Overall would be Wollongong, but would that mean you would have to travel?

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Macquarie has a really good Accounting department as well as the internships counting as unit of study.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm currently doing B Commerce with professional accounting which is worth doing if you are potentially thinking of getting your CA/CPA

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Macquarie it is really easy to design your timetable, so you can choose which days to have of, so that you can fit in work/other commitments.

TheStu1

HSC
wait, there is a course Bcomms with professional accounting, can i transfer into that from just Bcomm?

TheStu1

HSC
ahh i just looked at it, i need 2u maths, i only did general, is the maths hard iin the professional accounting course?, i was in top maths class from 7-10, so i know algbrea well, just calculas, would i be able to do it?

Flop21

HSC
Depends what you like.

Wollongong has a laid back campus, decent uni, and great people. Wollongong has very high student satisfaction. I find that on all sites (dunno where they get their data from). And everyone I know that goes there loves it.

Of course you'd be living in Wollongong. If you like that, go for it.

Not sure about macquarie. I'd guess they are on par with each other in terms of reputation and job prospects. Obviously you'd be living in Sydney.

Check out the accommodation for both, see if ones better etc.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
ahh i just looked at it, i need 2u maths, i only did general, is the maths hard iin the professional accounting course?, i was in top maths class from 7-10, so i know algbrea well, just calculas, would i be able to do it?
You should be fine for all the accounting subjects with just general mathematics.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
But for ACST101 ( I haven't done this yet) the university recommends you do math123 before doing this unit.

ACST101 is compulsory for all people doing commerce.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
But for ACST101 ( I haven't done this yet) the university recommends you do math123 before doing this unit.

ACST101 is compulsory for all people doing commerce.
I would also recommend the PAL (peer assisted learning) classes for most Accounting units at Macquarie as they really do help in terms of revision and getting that extra 3-5% in the final exam

kingofgames

HSC
N/A
Macquarie if you're going to be staying at the uni although living costs maybe cheaper at UOW. UOW are Nazis with the internet (you literally have to beg them for it) and Macquarie has fast and unlimited internet. Also it's funner living in Sydney more possibilities for work experiences.

crazy_paki123

HSC
Macquaries Accounting, Finance and Actuarial departments are up there, certainly better than Wollongong. Professional Accounting has very basic math if any at all apart from adding and subtracting really. ACST101 in 2013 was piss easy too dont know about it now but i heard they made it easier. Its just evaliating bonds present values with different yields... id even say general math is sufficient for acst so you should be fine with General Math

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)