Macbeth Essay help (1 Viewer)

nat259

HSC
Hey
I have to discuss how amibition for power is explored in Macbeth and use quotes and then i have to do a symbolic visual representation that demonstrates how ambition for power is explored in Macbeth.
Any ideas?

-tal-

HSC
Umm... when you put it that way, where the hell do you want us to start? Specifics? Do you have an idea already or do you need some clarifying on characters?

nat259

HSC
ummm yeh i think i mainly have to talk about like lady macbeth and macbeth and their ambition for power but i dont know where to start! haha any suggestions?

kcqn93

HSC
well to start... they decided to murder duncan so that macbeth becomes king and obtains power??

im just guessing i havent finished the book yet lol...

Stebengki

HSC
I usually do a diorama it impresses teachers (giggle)

Err...

With the notion of power, you could almost do a parody and relate it to someone gaining power and failing miserably, getting paranoid. Make a political statement and make it related to i dunno George Bush or something.

The thing about power in macbeth is that it corrupted almost immediately. The people who wanted it most, lady macbeth etc., go spanking insane because they can't handle the stress and almost the shame that they recieved out of it.

So maybe something along the lines of --> With power comes responsibility - which Macbeth and Lady Macbeth obviously couldn't handle and had to resort to the Witches for guidance, which was already corrupted, as well as the whole blood on the hands symbolism.

Does that answer the question???

-tal-

HSC
nat259 said:
ummm yeh i think i mainly have to talk about like lady macbeth and macbeth and their ambition for power but i dont know where to start! haha any suggestions?
Hmmm... I'd suggest you do some drawing, or maybe a comic strip? (risky choice, but if done well, gets excellent marks) and a really heavy red theme, (link to lady macbeth's sleepwalking.. trying to wash off the blood on her hands) and also because red can be taken so many ways.

Maybe the red is a little cliched. Perhaps maybe a more mysterious colour, like black or a dark dark brown?

If I can dig up my book (again) I'll post some quotes.

bored of sc

HSC
Discuss how amibition for power is explored in Macbeth using quotes.

Explain in detail, by covering many perspectives, what techniques are utilised by Shakespeare to communicate and investigate the theme of 'ambition for power' in Macbeth. Use direct quotations from the play to justify your ideas.

For this question you could identity/find all the instances where Macbeth has ambition for power, where Lady Macbeth has ambition for power and where the other minor characters have ambition for power. Then write down the quotes you think are relevant in showing the characters' ambition for power. Then using these quotes work out the techniques that are used. Some techniques used in Macbeth include dramatic devices (solioquy, delayed entrance), humour (situational/dramatic irony), sound devices (rhyming couplets, alliteration, assonance), foreshadowing, dialogue, syntax, grammar, level of language (informal, formal, sarcastic etc), imagery (similes, metaphors, personification). If you get stuck think back to the basics like nouns, pronouns, adjectives etc.

Create a symbolic visual representation that demonstrates how ambition for power is explored in Macbeth.

Using the ideas developed in 'discuss how ambition for power is explored in Macbeth using quotes' produce a compound/complex image encapsulating how Shakespeare's techniques communicate/investigate the theme 'ambition for power'. Visual techniques include objects, size, placement, colour, body language, facial expression, clothing, lighting, angles, shots, foreground/background, font, icons/symbols, captions etc. Take into account these techniques when creating your visual text. Also, if you concentrate on a particular character (e.g. Lady Macbeth) you will create a more precise/specific representation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)