• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

macquarie hsc guide (1 Viewer)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
anyone got the macquarie hsc study guide??
is it good- or is it better to stick to Excel?

astro

HSC
my legal teacher recommended macquarie over excel....not good to heavily rely on them though

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
nah.. i'm planning on using the heinnemann which is supplied at school and getting another to write more detailed notes

HSC
The Macquarie sticks closely to the syllabus, and is relatively easy to read and understand. Each topic is quite short and well summarised. The Excel is also good, but has a hell of alot more info on various topics. If you have heeeaps of time, then go the excel, but if dont go the Macquarie.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Ive only used Excel. Its okay...but dont know about the macquarie one

pHaTso

HSC
no Global

no HSC textbooks (besides the Heineman required one) consist of the Global Option... *spewing* :(

carlz_07

HSC
macquarie is way better than excel. I originally got excel, but there's so much in there that it's not really good for studying and stuff. Macquarie is concise and sticks to the syllabus. So I'd use it.

I think, depend on heinemann the most though. It's written according to the syllabus too. And also, print out the hsc syllabus for legal and pay close attention to the key issues and questions!!!

davidatsyduni

HSC
hey huratio, just thought i'd tell u that its' more about what u do with the info than the amount of info u can get. for legal studies i had 3 textbooks, but in the end in summarising all 3 of them the essence (the most important info) was the same (wonder if they 'research' other textbooks when writing their own). probably be better if u used one that was the most detailed, then if there's a bit of a question mark on certain issues refer to another text. P.S. what i noticed about all 3 textbooks (including excel and heineman) was that none covered the 'evaluate' criteria in great depth.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Macquarie is filled with wrong legislation :p

:: dreami ::

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
heinemann is the most accurate but HELL IT IS SO DAMN BORING

i use excel and it is my easy way out instead of reading blocks of text

macq is average *meh*

Ziff

HSC
N/A
santaslayer said:
Their all stupid. Just make them up...:p

Ok wrong advice. :p
I am the legislation king.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i have the macquarie one, but havent seen the Excel.

i like the macquarie one, however, i like it mainly for the questions it has in it, and it's easy to read format, it's fine for me.

I find Heinemann really condescending and critical, i suspect as well it was written by Labor voters (not that there's anything wrong with that....) but i think it has a bias!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I'll just date your sister when she's legal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)