• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

macquarie or UWS (1 Viewer)

princess_miley

HSC
hello ppl i was wondering whether macquarie or UWS was a better option overall...also is macquarie's BBA better than UWS's B.Bus&Comm or is it the other way round?:confused:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
As a former UWS BBC student, the BBC at UWS was fairly unimpressive and left quite a bit to be desired.
That said, it wasn't TERRIBLE... I just didn't feel particularly engaged by it.
I haven't studied the BBA at Macquarie, so I can't compare.

yer8899

HSC
As a former UWS BBC student, the BBC at UWS was fairly unimpressive and left quite a bit to be desired.
That said, it wasn't TERRIBLE... I just didn't feel particularly engaged by it.
I haven't studied the BBA at Macquarie, so I can't compare.
whered you go?

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I do marketing at MQ, with a few BBA units here and there. From my understanding, there is probably very little difference in content between MQ/UWS/any other uni. However, the quality of candidature and teachers will in all likelihood be higher at MQ.

lind27

HSC
Hey,

Im transfering to UWS-parra campus from Macquarie this semester so we'll c the difference between bba and bus and com.

yummy-cookies

HSC
From talking to people, the general consensus is that Maquarie is way better than UWS - UWS generally doesn't have a very good reputation, whereas the business- type degrees (especially accounting) is considered Maquarie's strength. Having said that, I think the UNSW degree is better than both of them

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
from talking to people, the general consensus is that maquarie is way better than uws - uws generally doesn't have a very good reputation, whereas the business- type degrees (especially accounting) is considered maquarie's strength. Having said that, i think the unsw degree is better than both of them
+1

Uncle

Banned
HSC
money money $$$ money money $$$ donald trump $$ money money money money 1!!!! rich rich gold gold money money $$$ spoilt $$$$ money $$$$$$$$ dirty $$$$$ money $$$$ money money money $$$ dollars dollars

princess_miley

HSC
money money $$$ money money $$$ donald trump $$ money money money money 1!!!! rich rich gold gold money money $$$ spoilt $$$$ money $$$$$$$$ dirty $$$$$ money $$$$ money money money $$$ dollars dollars

what did this mean??i really did not understand:confused:

Affinity

HSC
hello ppl i was wondering whether macquarie or UWS was a better option overall...also is macquarie's BBA better than UWS's B.Bus&Comm or is it the other way round?:confused:
The one which is harder to get in... despite all this BS about how UAI/ATAR cutoffs has nothing to do with the course blah blah. ---> people aren't stupid, the good courses has more applicants which pushes the cut offs up. Maybe this is not entirely valid for different courses, but it is definitely valid for comparing similar courses accross universities

Last edited:

princess_miley

HSC
I've also heard that there are too many asians in macq is it true?...are they ridiculous?

chyeah

HSC
Haha. Yes there is a large population of asians at Macquarie. But there is at UWS too. And every other uni.

Macquarie is better than UWS. UWS is apparently not very well organised. My friend once had a lecture that finished at 3pm at Bankstown campus, and his next lecture started at 3pm at Penrith.

ascentyx

HSC
I've also heard that there are too many asians in macq is it true?...are they ridiculous?
rofl, if ur like me and was born on the central coast (90% white) and then u go and do a comm degree @ macq (90% asian) you will be mindblown haha.

Monstar

HSC
heres a little something i found,
On a ranking of the top five journals, Macquarie University is number three in Australia behind only UNSW and Melbourne, and number 70 in the world on a list dominated by US universities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)