Macquire Uni Study Day (1 Viewer)

Gemstone

Hey I was wondering if any of you are going to the Macquire study day for ancient on the 29th of May.

My teacher said it's really good she has the outline of what is happening. The only bad thing is there is 3 seminars we need but we only get the oppertunity to go to 2, but we can share our notes. Oh and that the guy who presents it is really boring but is actually quite good if you get over the fact that he's boring to listen to.

Gemma

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
its great!!

macq uni offer the b of anc his :)

so we must know what we are talking about

cyanide

yeah, our department's good. but if the boring guy you say is someone....hmm, i shouldn't say his name. but i have him for a unit. kinda induces the zzzz's

stressed monkie

im a random
ooooooohhhh went to that last yr it as so boring the only thing we actually enjoyed was making fun of the other ppl and then walking around the maq campus but it was so horribly boring and im pretty sure i never ended up using those notes

hatty

Banned
Originally posted by stressed monkie
ooooooohhhh went to that last yr it as so boring the only thing we actually enjoyed was making fun of the other ppl and then walking around the maq campus but it was so horribly boring and im pretty sure i never ended up using those notes
did u also get less than 70 in ur ancient?

monaro-man

Ramen Raider
HSC
does anyone know what topics will be presented on this seminar day? Minoans? Akhenaten? Sparta?

hatty

Banned
Originally posted by monaro-man
does anyone know what topics will be presented on this seminar day? Minoans? Akhenaten? Sparta?
(from memory)

the persian wars
marius to sulla
sparta
cleopatra
pompey crassus and caesar
augustus something

there was certainly more but thats all i can remeber

cyanide

if tom hillard is taking the julius caesar one, i'd grab it as fast as i can

Nerissa

Originally posted by Gemstone
Hey I was wondering if any of you are going to the Macquire study day for ancient on the 29th of May.

My teacher said it's really good she has the outline of what is happening. The only bad thing is there is 3 seminars we need but we only get the oppertunity to go to 2, but we can share our notes. Oh and that the guy who presents it is really boring but is actually quite good if you get over the fact that he's boring to listen to.

Gemma
Hi guys! I never knew about these, my teacher never tells us about study days, seminars, etc. I accessed the website and they cost $25 each!! I don't have that kind of money. Thankfully, only one of the topics I'm studying is covered - The Greek World 500-440 BC. How come none of these study days cover Persia, which I'm doing for my other historical period, society and personality (Xerxes)? Anyone who is going, can you please post up any notes or worksheets you receive, or any handy facts or tips the lecturers gave, particularly for The Greek World (I believe it may also be referred to as the Persian Wars)? That would be really greatly appreciated. If you don't want to give them for free, I propose a notes swap - have 50 pages (typed, size 11, margins non existent) of notes for Persian historical period, 40 pages of notes for Persian society and 15 for Xerxes - though not many people do these topics, so they probably won't be of much use! Hmmm...I have a 15/15 King Lear essay and a 50/50 physical journey related materials collection and analysis to swap. Anyone who is interested, please PM me, but it would be more beneficial to post up the notes so everyone can share them! After all, isn't that what this site is all about?

Last edited:

SweetAngel86

HSC
I'm going to the study day with my friends. It's on the same day i'm going into Bondi the see King Lear. It's gonna be a busy day!

stressed monkie

im a random
Originally posted by hatty
pathetic
well sorrie im not up to ur standards but i worked hard for that mark and im proud of it now if u think thats pathetic then thats ur issue and i dont really care what u think and im not gonna climb up anywayz ass to make them respect me if u dont thats ur own freaken issue and i dont care

hatty

Banned
my sincere apologies if i have offended you, i was only kidding.
maybe u couldnt detect the sarcasm when i called ur mark of 89 pathetic.
89 is something i will never achieve in any subject (except maths)
lighten up buddy

jimmik

HSC
where can i get more info abt this study day n can we still book for it? is there a website? anyone?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cyanide
if tom hillard is taking the julius caesar one, i'd grab it as fast as i can
tom is the roman guru!! if you want to learn rome this guy is the shiznit!!

OT: cyanide are you in AHST103 ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)