Maintaining a Balance Tips (1 Viewer)

madharris

HSC
N/A
There seems to be a lot of people asking for notes on this thread so I thought I would post this quiz I made online. It's based on questions and answers from last year's exam paper so it's a bit tough - let me know what score you get!
wooo 19/20... got the first question wrong! hahaha
Haven't done bio for a few years now though :)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I was in the 2% of the state that got 20/20 in biology hsc mc last year.

andrea1612

HSC
I just noticed that you tried my quiz :spin: That's so cool, you guys did so well - was that on your first attempt? I've been making some more quizzes and other notes on that site, it's really cool. They have a study timetable feature too which I'm going to use, hopefully it will make me study!

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
I have a test coming up and I was wondering if they ask you for more than one example of Australian plants and animals.

For example, will they say name three Australian animals and adaptations, or just name an Australian animal and it's adaptations?

Does anyone also have any topic test papers for Maintaining a Balance?

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
One of the easiest module... gg for Blue print of life

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Also are types of receptors asked in the exam? For example for the light stimulus, the type of receptor of this is photoreceptors. There are other receptors such as mechanoreceptors and chemoreceptors, are these asked in the exam?

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad
Also are types of receptors asked in the exam? For example for the light stimulus, the type of receptor of this is photoreceptors. There are other receptors such as mechanoreceptors and chemoreceptors, are these asked in the exam?
do pastpapers and then you would find out :D

chxntel

HSC
hey so basically i tried making my notes for maintaining a balance and then i found these notes online and i realised i left a few details out even tho i was using my textbook so i was wondering if it rlly matter if i don't make my own notes bcs i don't trust myself and i'm scared that imma leave important details out

OkDen

HSC
Uni Grad
hey so basically i tried making my notes for maintaining a balance and then i found these notes online and i realised i left a few details out even tho i was using my textbook so i was wondering if it rlly matter if i don't make my own notes bcs i don't trust myself and i'm scared that imma leave important details out
This is a 15 year old thread. I don't think OP is gonna answer.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I know someone who only used bio in focus and in class teaching and got 96 so it depends... each resource will have different info it just depends how you answer questions. Saying this, it's good to write your notes since you can explain concepts in you own words, but using other notes is fine too.

captainhelium

water enthusiast
HSC
Depends what textbook you used but to be honest, most textbooks provide more than sufficient information for the exam. I personally found Biology in Focus the most helpful - it has almost all the information you really need and would definitely prepare you well for the exam. I would recommend using that as your main 'go-to' source for creating notes.

Biology in Context also has some really good stuff as well but it does go beyond the scope of the syllabus at times and sometimes doesn't go too in depth in some important topics. Perhaps use that as a supplement to Biology in Focus and that will probably work really well.

If you found new details in other people notes, probably add them to your own notes so you can get greater sophistication and an even greater understanding of a particular topic. I would recommend writing your own notes as it can prepare you for writing your own responses for the exam but it's also fine just to use other people's notes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)