Major assesment results (1 Viewer)

punkoohi

HSC
Re: Wat Did U Get For Ur Major Work?

heyy everyone, im back!!! I started Ext. Hist and I LOVE ITTT... its all opinion, like philosphy and stuff but thatw as just 1 hr and 20 mins so far

anywayss

i think i wanna do something about post-modernism vs. the truth for my major work? am i allowed? or does it have to be based on an event... and if so... ANY IDEAS?

Mrs.McDreamy

stalker inc. president
HSC
I got:
63/65 all up (that's unweighted) but most importantly I got 20/20 for the essay :D:D:D so I'm v v v happy with that. I sucked at history in year 11 and basically only started trying at the start of year 12, so it's good to know doing stuff pays off.
And my major work all up was worth 40/50, I would be v annoyed if my school made it worth less considering the amount of work you (are supposed to) put into it.
I agree that it would be better having it as a preliminary unit and a HSC unit for just the major work, that way you could do a proper job and you wouldn't have to worry about an exam at the end of the year

Zenaria

HSC
Yeah in our school, the major work is worth 40/50 and the exams are 10/50.
I got 39.5/40 for mine, and I think I was about...4th? Out of the 7 people in our class.

pine-fresh

HSC
I got 36/40 - 2nd in the class with my buddy receiving 1st and 37/40. Not a bad result for a 3 week effort :p i changed the topic a month before it was due. Ended up doing "Approaches to the Problem of Evil throughout History" ..pretty interesting i must say - probably what kept me going..
Our teacher sent my essay and my friend's essay into the History Prize Competition. Did anyone else's essays get sent in??? Just curious..really don't think i'll win though after reading the standard shown by tbe winning entry last year...ahem

Last edited:

Just_a_Second

HSC

I got 37/40 for my major works, first out of seven I think, it was something about Tiberius and how he had been poorly represented because of that damn Tacitus.
I don't think you have to have an actual debate but it will be much easier to make up the word count as well as make sense of whatever it is that you're arguing if you have consistent examples, (though my teacher was always telling me to make sure it wasn't so content driven, the debate is only there for an example of historiography).
Postmodernism v absolute truth isn't a bad topic... pure bias would be easier though. What I did was pick a couple of the board of studies readings and use them to support my arguments. It was dead easy, if you apply yourself and get someone else doing the course to check it over you should have no problem.

nikturner

HSC

i bet my major work was funner than all of yours i did merlin: fact or fantasy lol.
but i decided to quit right before it was due so i just gave my teacher the three pages id done just coz she wanted to see them but then due to procrastination n attempts by the teacher to make me stay i ran out of time to actually sign out of it so now i have to do the exam which means i had to have an assessment mark so i got a whole 10 for the essay lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)