!
HSC
i did the electives plant management and animal management last year

i found they overlapped quite a bit and helped supplement my core modules

chelloveck

i'm feeling fat and sassy
fenner hall. perving on mcdickpants across the roa
HSC
they were electives for you? they are compulsory for us...i don't even know what our elective choices are yet...our teacher doesn't tell us anything...except for how big the fish was that he caught on the weekend, and how good smoked semen tastes...

Rorix

HSC
Do the project if you can. I can't stress this enough. On the electives, it's very easy to get owned by bad marking because each mark is worth so much (i think 4 marks in a school elective test is 1 whole HSC mark). Even if you do a lame project (like a survey), you will still get a 25+ mark.

chelloveck

i'm feeling fat and sassy
fenner hall. perving on mcdickpants across the roa
HSC
yeah....my teacher keeps telling us that the project is really beneficial...i have done an experiment with japanese quail...i didn't get the desired results, i think it's going to be hard to write about. so if you do the project, you don't have to a fourth topic (i.e. elective)?

Rorix

HSC
For ag there is the core section and then there is a choice of the electives or the project. If you choose electives, after core tests you'll need to answer an extended response question on at least one elective (max of 2, depends how your school does it). After the HSC Core test, you need to answer 2 elective essay questions. While the electives do offer some information for the core, the elective marks are worth so much vis-a-vis that even small deductions screw you up. For example, at my school even poor projects (read: every project) recieved a mark of 25+, whereas in the electives 25+ was quite a decent mark.

Rorix

HSC
Believe me, a lot of the projects were pretty crap;). I wouldn't really want to insult any of them on a public forum, but if you are interested PM me for details;)

eeyore

Do the assignment. Like others have said, it's usually easier to get better marks for it (although you never find out in the HSC anyway).
Also, because it's due earlier, you're forced to get it out of the way. But that's a bonus because you don't have to study for electives when it comes to HSC exam time.

Bundybabe

it depends on wot ur better at projects or exams. i'm hopeless at projects but i'm good at exams cause i do better under short spurts of pressure also it is easier to do a project on a farm so u can constantly monitor and yeah i don't so meh...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)