major work help .. (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
for my major work i want to investage the historical accuracy of the life of Jesus Christ, but the problem is that one of the case study focuses on it. is there way i can still research this area without touching on any of the information presented in the case study? like example what question i can do, what i can write about. thanks ..

HSC
We are doing the historicty of Jesus and the amount of work we cover means that your proposed topic won't be feasible.

veridis

droog
HSC
check with your teacher though. cause its all internally marked as lnog as they greenlight it then you can do it. i know a few people who did topics that IMO shouldnt have been allowed due to case study overlap but their teachers said it was ok so it got through. that said and significant overlap would prevent you from getting anything in the HTA prize if you were aiming that high. try and find a different approach to the case study and you can probably get it through

X

xeuyrawp

Actually, it would just be easier to say:

1). Do something more original,
2). Do something more original.

If you have no idea, look in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Simmie

HSC
Originality is all in the mind of the creator. If he wants to do something with regard to Jesus, let him. If he falls flat on his face he will blame you, if he succeeds he will take the credit himself. Personally, I don't see why you would want to do Jesus if you're already doing him as a case study... I agree with PwarYuex and niteshade1312, because you should do something original, but it's your choice. I personally thought it would be more fun to do something that would not only get me good marks but would affect the school, which is why I'm doing the history of my school from the time Penrith was settled until now. This is not only original, but very difficult, and will be a source for future generations who want to do something similar... and it is in no way related to my case study. Maybe you should reconsider your choice, and do something like... Oh, I dunno, how trends have changed over time? Like... you have Tazos, Harry Potter, Pokemon, Digimon, cartoons, clothing, toys, etc. I dunno, it's just an idea. If someone does it, please send me a copy!!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Simmie said:
Originality is all in the mind of the creator. If he wants to do something with regard to Jesus, let him. If he falls flat on his face he will blame you, if he succeeds he will take the credit himself. Personally, I don't see why you would want to do Jesus if you're already doing him as a case study... I agree with PwarYuex and niteshade1312, because you should do something original, but it's your choice. I personally thought it would be more fun to do something that would not only get me good marks but would affect the school, which is why I'm doing the history of my school from the time Penrith was settled until now. This is not only original, but very difficult, and will be a source for future generations who want to do something similar... and it is in no way related to my case study. Maybe you should reconsider your choice, and do something like... Oh, I dunno, how trends have changed over time? Like... you have Tazos, Harry Potter, Pokemon, Digimon, cartoons, clothing, toys, etc. I dunno, it's just an idea. If someone does it, please send me a copy!!
it isnt my case study. i said that the topic emerges from one of the cast studies given by the BOS.

X

xeuyrawp

Simmie said:
Originality is all in the mind of the creator. If he wants to do something with regard to Jesus, let him. If he falls flat on his face he will blame you, if he succeeds he will take the credit himself.
You've totally missed the point of these forums. People come here to help, and we try to help. I'm not trying to stop them, I'm trying to help.

I personally thought it would be more fun to do something that would not only get me good marks but would affect the school, which is why I'm doing the history of my school from the time Penrith was settled until now. This is not only original, but very difficult, and will be a source for future generations who want to do something similar... and it is in no way related to my case study.
How do you look at historiographical questions for something as straight-forward as that? I mean, 'the history of Penrith High School' is a narrative, not a historiographical essay...

Maybe you should reconsider your choice, and do something like... Oh, I dunno, how trends have changed over time? Like... you have Tazos, Harry Potter, Pokemon, Digimon, cartoons, clothing, toys, etc. I dunno, it's just an idea. If someone does it, please send me a copy!!
I think popular trends make a great essay. :) Like I said in ancient_nut's thread, I think doing something about the evolution of the heroine from ancient times to today would also make a great essay, with the contrast between ancient pop-culture and modern pop-culture.

Simmie

HSC
What, intentionally trying to make me look like an idiot today? Fine have it your way *Runs around skwawking like a chicken*

Anyway, I did say some good things... and yes, the history of my school can become an essay, and I intend to do it. MY idea IS original, and I haven't heard of anything better so far, so would you stop trying to bring me down? I feel like you're not taking me seriously and that hurts. :(

pete-the-elite

hopelesl5y, you can still do the topic if you like, just research a different section on it. i wanted to do stalin for my topic, but there is a far bit on a particular syllabus. so i am doing stalins impact on russia after ww2 ( as this is not mentioned in the syllabus). in researching this i am going to try and focus on how he affected people, maybe even members of his family. maybe you could try and research somthing like this, like the effects jesus had on his family ( if there is enough historical information) maybe even the way that other cultures viewed jesus, and did they find him a threat, etc. im sure something like this could be very useful, but as some1 else said, check with your teacher first...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)