majors and minors (1 Viewer)

blacksunset

HSC
this is going to sound very silly, but since i have l;ooked on the web and cannot seem to find it anywhere i figured i would just ask straight out.
im trying to work out my majors and minors....
major is 42 units got that sorted worked it all out.
how many units is a minor?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but at ANU we don't get named minors?

mmm_brrraains

HSC
N/A
You'll usually do 2 majors in your degree, so you need to make sure the subjects you choose enable you to fulfill your majors. The rest of your subjects are really just filler - there are no 'minors' at ANU. That being said, you should have a thorough read of the info specific to your degree. Have you tried ANU - Handbook 2008 - Student Administration Services - SAS ? If you haven't already done so, go there and click on the link for the PDF of the printed Undergraduate Handbook - it has all the info you could ever want on degree structure etc :)

blacksunset

HSC
thats cool, i just wanted to double check. im a second year so i have just worked out all my majors subjects, and had a few gaps to fill, so was considering a minor... but if they dont offer them - nothing to worry about then

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
If you're keen you can fit three majors into most of the degrees (with the exlcusion of those degrees with compulsory streams).

If you are interested in a minor then you could just do a collection of subjects in the area as if you were actually doing a minor. Then on your resume just write it as Bachelor Arts: Major Blah, blah additional focus blah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)