majors?? (1 Viewer)

Jt*

HSC
i'm doing comm/eco and i really don't understand what majors i'm supposed to choose from...is there some kind of list?
i'm totally lost on the so called "path" that ppl are supposed to take to get a major...as silly as that must sound...
and i've heard you can do double majors or something, is it better? i'm confuseddd
i don't really want to do accounting or anything boring and mathslike lol

any help trying to sort me out would be greatly appreciated!!

ohkkk i think i'm leaning towards finance at the moment... so if anyone could help me with how i go about getting a major in that (what i have to pick for 1st year that would be awesomeee)

Last edited:

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
If you're into finance, pick FINS1612 or whatever it's called

juzmister

HSC
You need to take Microecon, Accounting 1a, QMA and Finance 1612
Cheers.

Pace_T

HSC
finance is shit.
oh wait
the whole uni is shit
my mistake (A)

Jt*

HSC
thanks all

so is finance really crap??

some opinions on different majors would be great

thanks a bunch!

HSC
the "fun" majors are stuff like marketing, but dont expect to go for a finance position with that kinda major, get my idea?

do the majors related to what you aspire as a job, i want to do investment banking or lawyer so i do business law and finance, and postgrad law if im really serious about lawyer.. get hte idea?

Jt*

HSC
Casmira said:
the "fun" majors are stuff like marketing, but dont expect to go for a finance position with that kinda major, get my idea?

do the majors related to what you aspire as a job, i want to do investment banking or lawyer so i do business law and finance, and postgrad law if im really serious about lawyer.. get hte idea?

lol yeah i think i get it
i guess i really just don't know what i want to do after uni which isn't helping me at all

Pace_T

HSC
yea we do boring majors but when we finish we make the $$$
you can do marketing or some other rubbish like that but you'll earn peanuts. the good thing about the business degree is that its flexible, the first year has a wide range of subjects that are compulsory to help you decide which field you like most.

ZabZu

HSC
Jt* said:
lol yeah i think i get it
i guess i really just don't know what i want to do after uni which isn't helping me at all
Dont stress about what majors you need to choose. I had no idea what I wanted to do when i started my degree. The compulsory subjects help you determine what you like or dislike.

If you end up doing a course (subject) and you dont want to major in it, it will count as an option. So effectively you test drive majors. You can also drop subjects a few weeks into the semester if you dont like them.

Jt*

HSC
oh i'm so relieved!!
back to looking for somewhere to live :mad1: haha

ohh also am i supposed to do 2 comm majors and 1 eco major in total, or just one from each??

Last edited:
HSC
depends on your layout, you can do 1 comm major 1 comm minor but im pretty sure the ecc component has to be a major :S, still, why not just do 3 majors, finance, accounting and economics sound pretty broad enough to me. but dont shoot me if you hate accounting, id personally rather eat out of a bucket of steaming wet shit then do accounting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)