making a timetable (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
well at least the people at the end get a chance of going first

orangeguy

HSC
N/A
Yeh because last year people were complaining that those who enrolled first (last name beginning with A,B,C etc..) got all their preferred times.

But in fact, this is not true. A number of places for each time slot is reserved for every letter of the alphabet. So its fair for everyone whether your last name starts with A or Z!

This is an experienced fact. My friend enrolled 3 hrs ahead of me and didnt get a certain lecture time. To me surprise i got it, 3 hrs after it was apparently filled up. By the way, this was told to me by a Macquarie staff as well.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah I will be there in plenty of time for my spot then

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
my enrollment day is the 12th but im going to be away until the 14th so ill have to go on the last day...i bet all my classes will b filled and i wont get my fridays off... so sad

i wish i could just send someone in my place....

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
they can , can't they....... you can enrol by proxy right?

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
orangeguy is that true foe even late round offer people who have to enroll on a totally different day? or does everyone get preference who had enrolled earlier?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
i have to enrol on the 19th... stupid advanced standing credit crap!!

as for it being alphabetically backwards.. how unfair.. lets just hope that what orangeguy said is right. every year i rely on my last name to get me in early, but not this time. stupid macq uni system.

their whole timetabling system is too much work. they should just give us the classes, and if we have a problem, we go and change what we need to!!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I made my timetable a couple of weeks ago as well ;):p

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
ummm think ive found it... but is anyone else confused about this timetable thing... or just me?

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
when im ticking the boxes... is there only meant to be 1 pract, tut and lect per subject per week?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
it depends on the subject. if it's supposed to have 2 pracs, for example, it will have P1 and P2. so if there are only P1s then you choose one of them

an idea is to use the book they gave us to see how many pracs, tutes, lectures etc. are needed, and then use the net to fix the time slots

Rahul

Dead Member
Originally posted by iambored
http://www.timetables.mq.edu.au/class/2004/ttmaker/student.asp

online timetable mater above
lol, gotta love MQ :D

Originally posted by Orange Juice
when im ticking the boxes... is there only meant to be 1 pract, tut and lect per subject per week?
each subject has certain amounts of different lectures, etc. say for instance SUBJ101 has 2 lectures and 1 tute, you have each of the lectures and the tute once in the week.

Alena

HSC
um, how do we show the fact that we want to do a subject over the summer holidays on the table?

Rahul

Dead Member
i would believe that is done/decided later in the year.

honestly, i dont know whether you should even worry abt it. most of the people there are catching up on failed units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)