Malouf/WW: Evaluate the relationships between texts and contexts (1 Viewer)

intuiit

HSC
N/A
...what?

Is it something like how malouf was influenced by the aboriginal culture he was surrounded by...i dunno. : /

How many examples are there that I can use??

I'm lost!

HSC
WW - Romanticism, urbanisation etc.
Malouf - Australian history (i.e. British settlers), feeling of Australia being an outcast, isolated etc.

maddyyy

HSC
I did Wordsworth and Malouf last year and got a Band 6, this is just what i included!

For Wordsworth, I discussed Romanticism and Pantheism as two important influences. So this basically covers the fact that freedom of expression was central to Romanticism and this is evident in the way that Wordsworth composed in the common man's language unlike a lot of other poetry at the time. His Pantheistic beliefs were also a huge influence, this is evident in his expression of the idea that God is manifest to humanity through nature.

For Malouf, I talked about the influence of Freudian and Jungian psychoanalytical theory in shaping 20th century perceptions of human experience - Malouf's exploration of the "inner child" relates to this as it expores Freud and Jung's ideas on the significance of childhood experience in shaping the adult mind. With Malouf, Postcolonialism is also a huge influence as the novel affirms indigenous cultures, beliefs and practices regarding the relationship between the individual and the natural world. The third influence I covered was that of the Greens movement which was gaining recognition in Malouf's 1970s context and promoted unity with nature.

Hope that helps!!:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)