• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Man Cuts Off His Own Head With A Chainsaw (1 Viewer)

zstar

HSC
N/A
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10...s.html?ITO=1490

Man cuts off own head with chainsaw after flat is earmarked to be bulldozed by developers
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 3:00 PM on 14th July 2008

A‘vulnerable’ man cut off his own head with a chainsaw after beingordered to move out of his home to make way for developers, policebelieve.

David Phyall’s severed head was found beside the powertool inside his housing association flat shortly after receiving hiseviction notice.

Detectives were today investigating thepossibility that the 58-year-old killed himself rather than leave hishome of eight years.

X

xeuyrawp

Would like to know how he did it. He would have had to have jammed/tied it on and then lay down on it or something.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Pwar: Hmm, no, I think a chainsaw is sufficiently powerful to rip through the flesh and spinal cord in a heartbeat.

Ho ho ho!

X

xeuyrawp

Slidey said:
Pwar: Hmm, no, I think a chainsaw is sufficiently powerful to rip through the flesh and spinal cord in a heartbeat.

Ho ho ho!
Yeah if someone was holding it or if he lay down on it or something... I don't think you could cut off your own head like you could with a lightsaber, ie in one motion. At least not with the ones that I've used (saws, that is, not lightsabers:p).

Last edited by a moderator:
X

xeuyrawp

zimmerman8k said:
He could fix the chainshaw in position and charge at it.
Yeah, I think that he would have had to lock the throttle on, which is intentionally difficult to do even in the old ones, and then secured it somehow.

Edit: Actually I figured out how he did it. He locked the throttle on, stood it upright with the engine on the floor, held onto the blade to aim it at his throat, and then fell forwards on it. Saw chewed through both sides of neck and voila, decapitation. Pint of beer says that's how he did it.

Kinda like how some soldiers used to fall on their sword, except through the heart used to be more common.

Last edited by a moderator:

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Yeah, I think that he would have had to lock the throttle on, which is intentionally difficult to do even in the old ones, and then secured it somehow.

Edit: Actually I figured out how he did it. He locked the throttle on, stood it upright with the engine on the floor, held onto the blade to aim it at his throat, and then fell forwards on it. Saw chewed through both sides of neck and voila, decapitation. Pint of beer says that's how he did it.

Kinda like how some soldiers used to fall on their sword, except through the heart used to be more common.
Wouldn't contact with the chain throw his head to one side? Imo it had to be fixed

X

xeuyrawp

Azamakumar said:
Wouldn't contact with the chain throw his head to one side? Imo it had to be fixed
Hmm, I think it would be fast enough. He probably propped it against a wall or something as well - most people who kill themselves with a shotgun hold it with their feet. Not sure how you'd attach a chainsaw to anything, outside of a lot of duct tape.

X

xeuyrawp

zimmerman8k said:
So many easier less painful ways to get the job done.
Yeah... And it's not like it's even that creative. I mean, if he learnt how to juggle 3 chainsaws at once, and have them all crash down upon him in a moment of pure, glorious tripple-decapitation... That would be creative.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Or if he broke into CERN's LHC, disintegrated himself, and caused the complex to collapse in a hail of radioactive fallout, that'd be creative.

Better yet, break into the LHC and over-power the beam energies to nucleate a local bubble of lower energy vacuum, which triggers a chain reaction of vacuum space decay, killing you instantaneously, and tearing reality apart at the speed of light (which is actually rather slow, as far as destroying the universe goes).

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
fucking hell, people have no respect
some poor cunt has to top this shit up now.

fuck him, i hope it was painful and slow

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Chainsaw $200
Alcohol $30
Cutting off your own head and leaving the mess for somebody else to clean up? Priceless.

HalcyonSky

HSC
why have i not seen this been done in any movies, that is brilliant theatre

Last edited:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
I'm impressed, chainsaws can kick back pretty easily, maybe he attached it to a table and then fell onto it.

X

xeuyrawp

Riet said:
I'm impressed, chainsaws can kick back pretty easily, maybe he attached it to a table and then fell onto it.
Don't think it would if flesh fell straight on it. Our bones are pretty soft while they're in our body.

This is fascinating, wish I could conduct an experiment.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
PwarYuex said:
Don't think it would if flesh fell straight on it. Our bones are pretty soft while they're in our body.

This is fascinating, wish I could conduct an experiment.
the neck is pretty durable man, it's thick, it's full of tendons and muscle and bone and other stuff

it had to be fixed, i dont think it's feasible for him to just fall on it and not have it move, jam or kick

either way, what the fuck.

bawd

HSC
zstar said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10...s.html?ITO=1490

Man cuts off own head with chainsaw after flat is earmarked to be bulldozed by developers
By Daily Mail Reporter
Last updated at 3:00 PM on 14th July 2008

A‘vulnerable’ man cut off his own head with a chainsaw after beingordered to move out of his home to make way for developers, policebelieve.

David Phyall’s severed head was found beside the powertool inside his housing association flat shortly after receiving hiseviction notice.

Detectives were today investigating thepossibility that the 58-year-old killed himself rather than leave hishome of eight years.
No pictures?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)