Managing clashes (1 Viewer)

ArtOfLosing

HSC
I'm going to do a BA/BIT and I've been looking at which courses I want to choose and I'm noticing some clashes between the courses I have to pick and the ones tht I really want to pick. These are mainly a computer course coinciding with a film screening for either ENG1012 (youth in fiction) or FILM1002 (Intro to film studies). What is the best way to deal with this - I'd rather not pick different courses if it can be avoided.

mcs

HSC
Just have to do the best you can mate... hopefully one of the clash subjects will record lectures and make them available either through Webct or through the Library. Best way to deal with a clash as I found last year when I had one was to make sure that you keep up with the work and if they dont help you by recording then try to split the lectures you go to so that you get to approximately half of each- Unless you are having lots of trouble with one subject compared to the other, then concentrate on that. But if you stay ahead of the work you can also pick and choose which lectures you go to by having a fair idea whether the work covered in that lecture will be hard to pick up for you or easy etc.

Best way round it is to do another course if possible!

Hope Ive helped a bit
Matt

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
Most Lecturers are pretty good with their WebCT and most will put lecture notes up for you to check.
So if you ever miss a lecture (it'll happen every now and again) you can catch up on what topics were covered.
With timetables, you'll have to balance between whats compulsory/accessible and whats not.

Venusian

HSC
I know you dont wanna change subjects but are any of them offered in semester 2 instead? that way you could still do them, and do well in them (cos not all lecturers tape! its not manditory for them to do so, so you will find many choose not to bother - particularly if theyre of the older crustier type lecturer)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)