many people argue against the question? (1 Viewer)

kafkan

HSC
for sec III did anyone argue against the idea that they gave us? i did imaginative journeys and argued that speculation was not the most important process - but my essay was pretty shit..

?

B35tY

HSC
Yeah for inner i said that while it is about 'the challenge of self-reflection' the most important part was the rewards of the journey.

shariken

HSC
I argued against the question for physical journeys. I basically said that what actually happens in the journey is more important then what can be interpeted out of it..I have a feeling that I failed because I didn't finish, I was close to though.

aileenli

HSC
i argued against it saying that there are also the processes of inspiration and fantasy....in other words, i regurgitated the ruberic, which i'm thinking now, was not a very good idea....

Ioup

HSC
I argued that the "speculation" we encounter through imaginative journeys encourages us to ask questions about the world around us.
However, the knowledge, understanding and the way we reflect what we have learnt as a consequence of the journey are what ultimately answers these questions. Thus reflection and understanding being the more important of the two. All in a slightly less confusing way.
But I feel my essay was still shit.

And I didn't write a story at all I somehow ran out of time. <Most panicky student and lowest self confidence....
I'm considering a gas chamber although overdose is an equally viable option.

Lockhart

Fugitive/assasin
HSC
kafkan said:
for sec III did anyone argue against the idea that they gave us? i did imaginative journeys and argued that speculation was not the most important process - but my essay was pretty shit..

?
I did phisical jouiney but it sounds like the questions were pretty simmilar. Our question was something like "Mostly, physical journey is about speculations of the discovery of the new".

As far as i know, most of our year seemed to disagree with the question, something like speculation of the discovery of the new is a factor but it is only minor in comparrison to the effect of the journey to transform, used to express the wider views of the author, a form of escapism etc.

I think you'll be fine disagreeing with the question. I did and I thought mine was alright. probally most of the state did too. The single concept becomes too restrictive otherwise.

Last edited:

passion89

HSC
I argued that speculation is important but the process of interaction let's both the responder and the persona engage in the text in a more meaningful way.

sideshowtim

HSC
I wrote about how speculation is an integral part of the Imaginative journey however elements like transformation, transcending existence and the personal exeprience of the Imaginative journey are more important. In hindsight I might've done a better job than I thought I did.

Dr_Doom

HSC
I agued FOR it with the physical journey question.

I did section I first (35 mins) then III (45 mins)then II(40 mins)

lilyflower16

HSC
I said that whilst speculation is important, the enlightenment that is achieved during most journeys is equally important, and that speculation is the vehicle for achieving such enlightenment, so really the two go hand in hand.

Hahahh, it sounds like bullshit just reading it :(

Emly

E.T
HSC
i said that speculation was not the most important thing, rather the understanding of self and the world that is gained from an imaginative journey.

starting to think i didnt do so well too

fla-77y

HSC
I argued for the statement. I remodelled my generic essay that i had prepared to fit the question. Not sure how well it fitted as i didnt get to proof read it. I got outside the exam room and discovered how i could of just disagreed with the statement and gone with my essay about how self discovery is the most important aspect. So pretty pissed off with myself atm. Oh well. Its over now. :).

Keskimo

HSC
i argued with it, but i could equally have gone the other way. i think they were just looking for a strong personal voice grounded with good evidence...can't say i gave that but i tried. congratulations everyone.
p.s do past exemplar responses intimidate anyone? some are like 15 pages long and scary

geegables

HSC
I argued for the statement since my prepared essay pretty much agreed with it. I argued that the imaginative journey holds many facets (insert all the dot points of the rubric) but it is ultimately the process of speculation that begins the imaginative journey, thus making it the most important part

Sober

HSC
Dam, I didn't even consider arguing against it. Should have been more open minded...

sja

dingleberry
HSC
do you guys understand what speculating is?

[SIZE=-1]defn: to believe especially on uncertain or tentative grounds

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]why on earth would you deny it? the whole notion of imagination lies on the basis of testing thought and contemplation. i've gotten an account on that "hsc english journey" website and I've gotten my AoS journey marked 3 times by an HSC marker over the past 2 weeks.

she told me that your thesis points should be written around visionary exploration, speculating, contemplation and anything else relating to the journey of the mind.

good luck guys
[/SIZE]

akd

HSC
N/A
i studied innner journeys, and i stated that while self reflection was an important part of an inner journey, it was not the most challenging aspect. my chosen text contained basically no self reflection so i had to argue against the statement!!
i think it was an ok exam, and really i think in 2 years time we will laugh at the stress we put ourselves through for these small tests in our lives!! well i know i'll be laughing anyway:) peace out dont stress yourselves out!

ps holy crap power to the people that wrote 14 pages!! i think i got 7-8. you guys are machines, my hand almost fell off from trying to get out all my information in such little time and i only managed 8!!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)