Maple help! (1 Viewer)

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Oh well, had the test today, should get 14/15, stupid polar plots didnt work properly

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Originally posted by enak
Oh well, had the test today, should get 14/15, stupid polar plots didnt work properly
Haha, you got the same test as me :p
But I dun think I'll get 14 :p
I screwed up the matricies question... so I'm looking at a 10-11 :p
Did you do yourz on Friday by any chance?

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Ye, friday at 4 o clock, did the white sheet.

Matrices was a little tricky in making the C matrix from the 1st and 2nd columns, i had to flick through the book a little to find it, but the second part was easy :)
GaussianElimination :D

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Ye some of the outputs were rather large.

Anyway, good luck to all those yet to do it :).

TheKey

HSC
ok seeing how you have all done your exam, can anyone help me out with a few things from the past exam given over>>HERE<<

Q2-(b) the inverse tan(x) becomes arctan(x) right? i just wanna be 100% sure on this one.

Q4-(a), Form the augmented matrix for the system Ax = b, what command do u use here? is it " augment(A,b); " or " (A|b); " or am i way of? what kind of result are they asking for here?

Q4-(b), Use a MAPLE command to create from A a matrix-M which is the 22 submatrix in the bottom lefthand corner of A. For this one do u just use " M:=A,[2..3,1..2]; ", thats the only thing that i feel is correct, yet i dont get the desired result in my maple thing.

and for the bit saying "Then solve Mx = c" this is just doing Q4-(a) again, right.

Thanks for any help

TheKey

HSC
Originally posted by TheKey
Q4-(b), Use a MAPLE command to create from A a matrix-M which is the 22 submatrix in the bottom lefthand corner of A. For this one do u just use " M:=A,[2..3,1..2]; ", thats the only thing that i feel is correct, yet i dont get the desired result in my maple thing.
ok i got this one now, it was M:=(A[2..3,1..2]);

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by TheKey
ok i got this one now, it was M:=(A[2..3,1..2]);
You can do that, also
A:=<<1|2|3>,<4|5|6>,<7|8|9>>;
easier to visualise sometimes,
The row operation stuff didnt work for me when i did this
M:=(A[2..3,1..2]);

Anyway, don't forgot to import the modules
with(plot);
with(LinearAlgebra);

inverse is arc<<insert sin/cos/tan/sec/csc/cot here>> eg arctan

augmented matrix is <A|b>;
if u get a question that asks to be reduced to echelon form and has no restrictions, use
GaussianElimination, saves lots of time.

TheKey

HSC
thanks enak,

i had my exam today, cant say i went well tho, my computer froze and i had to restart that maple thing, lost like 5min on that and it also deleated 1 of my questions, i didnt save as often as i should have :(.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
By the first week in December 1980, we had an operational Maple system, and it evolved from there. In trying to name the system, we started thinking of an acronym. When I suggested the name "Maple," we decided we would go with that, as it seemed like a good Canadian name (not an acronym).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)