March of the Penguins (1 Viewer)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Has anyone seen it? i saw it last night. its the most beautiful documentary. i laughed, and cried, and awwwwww'd. the baby penguins are the most adorable little creatures. I really didnt know how amazing these Penguins are.

Gangels

HSC
Mum went and saw that penguin thing. She Said it was great. As much I'd love to see i really couldn't be arsed. But Ice Age 2 sounds funny:)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Ellie_Belly said:
I preferred the first one.

Seriously, how are mammoths meant to pash?
yeah, never mind the fact that ALL THE ANIMALS TALK!

katy-g

HSC
Hey, was this one penguin thing an IMAX thing first?

I think i saw it at the IMAX... but i dunno if that was it...

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
It wasn't particularly a traditional documentary. There wasn't an abundance of facts like other docos possess. It's what would have happened if milo and otis had sex with a regular documentary that National Geographic would normally play.

It was enjoyable to see, but I did actually expect a solid documentary. Appeal to the masses, I suppose. It was cute with the whole love story aspect.

I didn't think that bird predator (i forget the name) was really hostile at all. I was afraid when going into the cinemas to see mutilated baby penguins. They really hid the gruesome facts of nature, especially death. But I suppose this can be all intentional, for a wider audience, and for the atmosphere in which it wanted to create: beautiful, dream-like, romantisised etc. How penguins "disappear".

I'd like to hear actual comments about the movie, rather than "it was orsum" etc. I'd like to actually talk about it?

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
i just love the fact that its the male who takes care of the egg through the harshest winters and starves themselves for four months while the MOTHER goes and gets food! its amazing!

selurkcin

HSC
N/A
i didnt know penguins were so fucking big till i saw pics of them next to people at sea world in the states. half the size of people? crazy shit. that being said, i'll probably be dragged to see this movie so good thing its good

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
in the movie at the end they show footage of the men filming it. and they walked past the crowd of penguins and they only came up to the mans knee.

shyr

HSC
it was such a touching movie, the narrative created with the life of these flightless birds is very moving :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)