Mark Check is it worth it? (1 Viewer)

Focus is Key

HSC
My English Advanced mark was worse than expected.. an 86 (I expected 89-90 and was averaging a little over 90% throughout the year)

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
I'll be checking a couple of mine. Even accounting for the harsh marking schemes, some of my results were up to 10 marks below where I thought they would be. Praying for an error by the BOS, but I'm not hopeful :(

gwilymprice

HSC
Could someone link me to where I can apply to get my raws and all that please? :) thanks

norwegianwood

HSC
Some years ago I had a student get 89 for both Modern and Ancient and then a top mark of 44 for Extension - so disheartening to miss 3 top bands by 1 mark each - even as a teacher.
oh man
ouch :(

damien324

HSC
N/A
Sheesh, tell me about it... I've been getting raw internal 91-93s for economics all year round, including trials (cssa) and half yearlies, and ended up with a exam mark of 83.

CM07

HSC
I'll be checking a couple of mine. Even accounting for the harsh marking schemes, some of my results were up to 10 marks below where I thought they would be. Praying for an error by the BOS, but I'm not hopeful :(
Same. I don't know what happened with my Chemistry mark. Absolutely Shocking.

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
Same. I don't know what happened with my Chemistry mark. Absolutely Shocking.
Yeah chem will be one of the ones I'm checking. Especially since I barely scrapped a B5 when my experienced HSC marking teacher said I would get a solid B6. Something seems wrong to me.

bangladesh

HSC
lol. I came out of the esl exam feeling like i'm gonna top the state. My trial RAW mark was 90. Nek minnut 87 in hsc... Defs gonna get a remark eventho theres 1% chance. I have a feeling something isn't right here. If i got a band 6 for it i would have gotten all rounder :(

bangladesh

HSC
Yeah chem will be one of the ones I'm checking. Especially since I barely scrapped a B5 when my experienced HSC marking teacher said I would get a solid B6. Something seems wrong to me.
dude, asif you didn't get a b6 for chem :/ wowwww... maybe there were just less band 6's awarded this year ?

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
dude, asif you didn't get a b6 for chem :/ wowwww... maybe there were just less band 6's awarded this year ?
Cheers man. Not only did I not get a B6, I was veeeeery lucky to get a B5. I'm stunned tbh :(
I'm more surprised with physics though. From looking at the answers posted on here, I got 18/20 for mc and full marks for calculations, but only ended up with a low B5 as well. I'm gonna be pretty interested to see how this check comes out. If nothing comes of it, I'm gonna be relying on bonus points for my uni course :(

Spiritual Bean

The only
HSC
Cheers man. Not only did I not get a B6, I was veeeeery lucky to get a B5. I'm stunned tbh :(
I'm more surprised with physics though. From looking at the answers posted on here, I got 18/20 for mc and full marks for calculations, but only ended up with a low B5 as well. I'm gonna be pretty interested to see how this check comes out. If nothing comes of it, I'm gonna be relying on bonus points for my uni course :(
hey man
pretty much everyone I talked to is stunned at physics

I wonder what happened

pHyRe

HSC
stunned for chemistry as well. 84% in my trial at a top 10 school. 91 internal mark. felt great after the exam. 17-18/20 multi, all chem calc correct (which i was most unsure about)

86 exam mark which is aprox 65% raw.....wtf

if there's a lot of us confused about chemistry what could that mean? poor marking or... they've changed some aligning this year?

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
stunned for chemistry as well. 84% in my trial at a top 10 school. 91 internal mark. felt great after the exam. 17-18/20 multi, all chem calc correct (which i was most unsure about)

86 exam mark which is aprox 65% raw.....wtf

if there's a lot of us confused about chemistry what could that mean? poor marking or... they've changed some aligning this year?
I know the feel. Physics trial, 89%, 17 marks ahead of everyone else (not even joking). Nek minnut, 83 hsc mark.

pHyRe

HSC
fuck man.... some of these comparisons for internal and external are seriously brutal. i thought mine were harsh but that's fucked up.

Web Addict

HSC
I've got a feeling a lot of people who get a results check just want to get their raw marks.

Kipling

HSC
Sheesh, tell me about it... I've been getting raw internal 91-93s for economics all year round, including trials (cssa) and half yearlies, and ended up with a exam mark of 83.
Ditto... Fingers crossed there was some sort of mistake

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I think cut-off was higher this year for Chemistry. The top three in our class missed out on 88. Any other year we would have gotten a B6.
And I got 19/20 in mc. I must have gotten less than 55/80 in the rest of the exam which is odd.

Its possible that less B6's were handed out.

However for Physics, I got 14/20 in mc and was not very confident but still net a 92 external.

hey man
pretty much everyone I talked to is stunned at physics

I wonder what happened
I'm stunned but in the opposite way (expected a low band 5 but got b6 somehow).

I've got a feeling a lot of people who get a results check just want to get their raw marks.
I want a raw mark report but that's it. I'm happy with my results.

-kc

HSC
dat economics barely scraped a B6
85 external
94 internal
1st in school and 92 raw in catholic trials
dem feels are real

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)