Marked down for something the teacher recommended. (1 Viewer)

thommy

HSC
N/A
I bombed out in King Lear essay, 13/20. The question was, "Explore at least ONE intense relationship in King Lear, evaluating its significance to the pla as a whole".

My teacher said it would be a good idea to do King Lear and himself, and I did that, and the marker said it undermined the textual integrity.

I'm not at all impressed with this, and am not going to take it lying down. What should I do? Call the Board of Studies?

u-borat

Banned
HSC
Agreed.
And seriously, why bother trying to manipulate the question? This is your HSC you're playing around with...just do it at face value.

WannaBang?

HSC
The Board will laugh you off. There's nothing you can do about it because:

1) How can you prove that the teacher did in fact tell you what you claim they told you. and

2) How do they know that this isn't just a blatant attempt to gain more marks?

I say, get over it, and don't listen to your teacher. Nah Kidding, listen to your teacher but know that your teacher is human and doesn't know everything.

seano77

Walk On
HSC
You take risks when you start interpreting the word 'relationship' as not involving two people. Then its even more risky when the teacher you got the advice from is not marking the task (which is what sounds like happened). There is no use calling the Board of Studies. Maybe you can discuss what happened with your teacher and the marker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)