Marketing and Finance (1 Viewer)

philzy

HSC
I am studying this year the Bachelor of Commerce - Marketing and the dilemma i have is that I am interested in the finance side of things (investment banking etc) as well as marketing. The reason why I wanted to do both is due to having a backup in case I didnt like the respective one. My question is, can I still get into finance work with my marketing degree because I would of done the double major option of a Bachelor of Applied Finance - Bachelor of Commerce - Marketing but that option was unfortunately not there wen I chose the course I am going to do.

randomguy777

HSC
N/A
sorry to discourage you, but heaps of ppl(globally) study finance as a major. finance undergrad is really nothing(not much value). you say you want to do finance work. finance is not investment banking. finance is broad, same goes with ib. many people studying finance are ambitious and hope they can make easy money.

imo i don't think you should do marketing + finance.
even the ambitious law+commerce(finance) grads don't even get the job they want.
only a small portion of them end up getting their dream job.

other options include masters degrees, obtaining CFA.

only time will tell..
many recent grads are just overly ambitious, but however that doesn't mean all hope is lost. over time when you gain more information/experience such as job opportunities, industry contacts(networking) etc you should one step in the door in right direction.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
yep randomguy is right, too many people choose it. but your idea of the backup isn't too bad. i guess even if there's a lot of competition you could still make it if you work hard enough.. but that's nothing new lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)