• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Marketing: Types of Markets Question. Urgent help please. (1 Viewer)

Dranea

HSC
My teacher defines an intermediate market as: one consisting of the component parts or unfinished goods from one business to be used in the production (value adding) chain by another business. Eg: brake pads for a car.

Whereas my textbook defines an intermediate market as: consisting of wholesales and retailers who purchase finished products and re-sell them for a profit.

My teacher also defines an industrial market as: one consisting of the trade and/or purchase of equipment and transportation services used in the production of producs. Eg: machinery such as an oven in the production of flour.

The text book also defines an industrial market as: business that purchase products to be used in the production of other products or in their daily operation. Eg purchasing flour to be made into bread.

So do you think you could help me with a definition of an industrial market and an intermediate market, because from what i can gather what my teacher defines as an intermediate market is what the text booked defines as an inudstrial market.

Thank you.

mikael.cfc

HSC
an example of an intermediate market, is business that buy finished goods for the purpose of renting them or selling them to others eg mer or woolworths.

industrial market is like business that buy goods to make their own products and sell, eg a carpenter buys wood makes a frame and sells it

Last edited:

pabzieee

HSC
Marketing: Types of Markets Question. Urgent help please.
My teacher defines an intermediate market as: one consisting of the component parts or unfinished goods from one business to be used in the production (value adding) chain by another business. Eg: brake pads for a car.

Whereas my textbook defines an intermediate market as: consisting of wholesales and retailers who purchase finished products and re-sell them for a profit.

My teacher also defines an industrial market as: one consisting of the trade and/or purchase of equipment and transportation services used in the production of producs. Eg: machinery such as an oven in the production of flour.

The text book also defines an industrial market as: business that purchase products to be used in the production of other products or in their daily operation. Eg purchasing flour to be made into bread.

So do you think you could help me with a definition of an industrial market and an intermediate market, because from what i can gather what my teacher defines as an intermediate market is what the text booked defines as an inudstrial market.

Im sorry to say this and distress you. But your teacher is incorrect.
irrespective of your definitions. (cause then ill just confuse myself) =P

intermediate:- remember Coles and Bing Lee. They buy products of other comapanies and resell them to consumers to make a small profit.
e.g Coles buys products from coca-cola amtl and re-sells them to the conumer market (you + me)...get it? therefore it is an intermediary. or the 'middle man'.

industrial:- remember car manufactures. Provide the means for which further production can occur. eg. car manufactures buy steel or a furniture factory purchase timber.
(it is kinda in a sense an intermediary aswell - when you think logically but dont worry bout that).

if you have any problems just ask.

we0426

Banned
HSC

oky..first of all..ur teacher must be on drugs..lol

1) industrial market..its where goods that are used in the production of other products are traded these goods include raw materials and components parts that are allready processed or assembled..

2) intermediate market..Is wher businesses buys goods for the purpose of reselling them or renting them to others..

oky LAST THING..its important to know what each are instead of examples,,i know i am gona sound like a dikehead..but the guy above giving example is not a good way to tell some one the answer..

any ways glad to help...and stiil having problems..then tell..me..tc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)