Marks = ...? (1 Viewer)

bmwz4

HSC
marks are my life until the hsc is over...then these marks go down the drain when i start uni and will be happy with an elusive credit average :)

HSC
marks only equal marks.

the second someone makes something out of it, throw it back in their face. fell free to throw a rock or something aswell.. or a textbook - they're brutal projectiles :rofl:

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
bmwz4 said:
marks are my life until the hsc is over...then these marks go down the drain when i start uni and will be happy with an elusive credit average :)
Well said.

Sofstar

HSC
zangetsu.xo said:
i just hate the fact that i got 96% for jap continuers and im probably not even top 5. ><
Whooa. :wave:

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Haha marks mean absolutely nothing to me. I can temporarily praise some of my marks...but that praise won't last because it's truly meaningless in the long run. If your marks TRULY equate to your self worth, imagine what your family and friends will say at your funeral..."he had such a great life, his secondary schooling marks were so high. What a great guy he was. Congratulations, we will miss you". Sounds a bit lifeless to me. I just use my marks as a motivation and a guide to where I'm situated in the HSC, if that makes sense.

Last edited:

bmwz4

HSC
yoakim said:
Haha marks mean absolutely nothing to me. I can temporarily praise some of my marks...but that praise won't last because it's truly meaningless in the long run. If your marks TRULY equate to your self worth, imagine what your family and friends will say at your funeral..."he had such a great life, his secondary schooling marks were so high. What a great guy he was. Congratulations, we will miss you". Sounds a bit lifeless to me. I just use my marks as a motivation and a guide to where I'm situated in the HSC, if that makes sense.
that is absolutely true...like i said after school is over, marks down the drain.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
You would if your marks were poor and you were ranked last. :p Marks matter because they are what get you your ranks.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Only because it is pretty much certain you will get your 1st or 2nd preference. You get good marks, good ranks, go to a decent school and are an accelerated student no matter what you post you know you are set but for others it's not so much easier to say.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
pritnep said:
Only because it is pretty much certain you will get your 1st or 2nd preference. You get good marks, good ranks, go to a decent school and are an accelerated student no matter what you post you know you are set but for others it's not so much easier to say.
Yeah, I know what you're getting at, I'm just outlining my own thoughts towards it.
Gangles.McGee said:
Gabriel makes everyone proud :shy:
Aww :shy:

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Doing the HSC over 2 or more years, up to 5 years, I think. Not too sure about what Pathways is.
I thought that was it. Lots of kids do that at my school.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
there are heaps of back door options if you dont directly make it to uni or dont get the course you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)