Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Lately a number of friends and acquaintances have been getting engaged, married or having kids and it's made me curious about the whole thing, especially since a number of them are quite young.

So while it might be a bit early to be thinking about this when you're in your late teens/early twenties, do you think you'll ever want to get married or have kids in the future?

Why/why not?

kawaiinlove

HSC
As stressful as both can be, I can see myself getting married and having kids. Just coz I want to be a Mum. Not sure about marriage though, since there are an incredible amount of divorces these days. But if I find "the one" then sure, why not.

Pace_T

HSC
im glad that those who dont ever want to have kids will eventually die out.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Marriage - meh, but likely; kids - meh, but unlikely.

quik.

HSC
The idea of marriage in and of itself is meh to me, I'm not religious and I don't think I need a huge thing to tell anyone hey I really like this girl. I can see myself doing it if the lady wants to, but I would pretty much be doing it for her benefit. Also would get a prenup.

The idea of finding someone who I care about to share my life with, on the other hand, is A+

Kids I thought I wanted, lately not so sure. Mainly for selfish reasons, they are expensive and time consuming, but this could be something I grow out of, being 20. I still see positives to having them, just also have the negatives in the back of my mind.

I would never do any of this (with the exception of finding a nice lady) at my current age or even before 25 at the earliest, 30 more realistically. I just don't think it's smart to make such huge commitments when you are really still figuring your own shit out and making your way in the world etc

Sup long post exposing how much I have thought about the topic

Deaths_Roses

HSC
Hm..
Im 17.. And I do see myself having kids and getting married.
Preferably marriage first.

Up untill now i never thought about it, never wanted kids.
But, I want someone to call me mum and be remembered.
A sense of achievement you could say.

Although, kids can be annoying. They are time consuming and are expensive. But, somehow when you have something annoying that you produced, you still love them. However often you want to give them to someone else, haha.

I want to be married to some guy that is genuine.. not in it JUST for sex. =P

But Im still young, just want it to happen before I am 30.

And in regards to get married for the sake of having smex, LOL..

You get it without being married. =P
Which is good!

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
I would love to have a kid or 2. I'm not really concerned on how expensive/how time consuming they will be...i'm more concerned on how hard it'll be to raise them, etc.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Can see myself having kids eventually. Marriage I'm not particularly fussed about. It's just an expensive tradition that means nothing in reality - it does not make you love your partner any more or less. I could save the $30k that a wedding would cost for a house deposit for example. I'm not a frugal bastard either, just a realistic one.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Umm i dont see that happening in the next....5 years or more, but yeah i do want some kids of my own one day and marriage is the only way i can effectively do that. I guess my dreams are pretty simple, i just want a wife, 3 or 4 kids, a dog, 2 cars, a nice house and a pool, a job i love.

Atm the idea of marriage is scary and disgusts me, but i do want kids and i am sure when i meet the right person i will want to get married just like all my taken friends i make fun of.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
i went through a time in my life where i was completely opposed to the idea of having children. i never wanted to go through what my parents went through with me and my brothers.

but lately, i've sort of warmed to the idea.

Last edited:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Most likely both, eventually.

After I finish uni. And there will be lots of travelling before I have kids because you can't take those things anywhere.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
im probably too scared to get married. and if i do my potential wife shall have to be put through a grueling series of friend interviews and psychological testing because i have an uncanny ability to date girls who turn into COMPLETE FUCKING PSYCHO LUNATIC BITCHES. there are almost no exceptions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)