Marrickville tutoring- business studies, economics & mathematics (1 Viewer)

Traveller0901

HSC
Hey guys!! My name is Sam and I'm currently offering tutoring in the areas of Business Studies, Economics, Mathematics (Kindegarten-Year11). I am a HSC graduate from 2013 and I have consistently ranked 1st in Economics in my Preliminary & HSC year and also maintained high ranks for Business Studies. I also accelerated Mathematics & I can also offer advice to upcoming students.

Where I carry out tutoring:
I used to travel to Ashfield and Hurstville to tutor students, but I have decided that this will no longer be happening. I live in the Inner West in Marrickville and I have a room in my house that will be specifically be used for tutoring and my own personal uni studies. I would also like to stress that I will no longer be travelling to people's home, as I have discovered that it has become quite costly and time consuming. (If you are interested in whereabouts exactly I'm located, PM me). If you are worried about public transport, I'm "conveniently" located between Sydenham and Marrickville train station and it's a <10min walk from either station to my place.

How the lesson will run:
Business Studies & Economics (HSC): For first time students, I will give you the option of whether you want me to be in charge of the lesson or letting you be in charge of the flow of the lesson. Being a former HSC student, I am aware that you will receive plenty of homework and assignments from all your subjects & therefore, I won't be giving out homework. But if would like further revision to brush up on your knowledge or exam technique. Just LET ME KNOW, and I'll simply organise it for you.

The lesson that I offer for Business Studies & Economics will be content based around the syllabus (depending on what you have already covered or what you would like to cover), as well as improving & honing exam techniques & also working ahead of school if required. Having the knowledge already in your head is manageable, but after the numbers of time I have made the mistake during my HSC year of failing to properly answer the question , and of course improving upon, it has come to not only my understanding but pretty much most former HSC students that it is imperative that you know how to apply exam techniques and strengthen these skills.
But most importantly , lessons will be structured around the student, so I can ensure they understand and see improvement in those subjects. Almost forgot to add, you will have access to my notes and other resources (free of course).

Maths (Kindergarten to Year 11): Depending on what level of mathematics you are doing and also after understanding your current situation, I will be going through various questions on the different topics that are required to be covered with you. When I am covering a topic, this will not be done through a textbook, but through the different questions which I have written myself of the various types of questions you may be faced with in an exam or when completing homework. For maths, I will be requesting that you complete the homework that I present to you, as I strongly believe that the only way to improve in Maths is to constantly expose yourself to various questions and to practice them. It is not much homework, but it'll allow me a better understanding of whether there is an improvement in your understanding in that particular area, eg. calculus or fractions.

Rates:
1hr lessons: $20p/hr

Small groups (2-3 people)1hr lessons: $10 p.p

Generally speaking, I do recommend for HSC students to do 2hours, as I will be able to cover much more within that period.

As of current, I am looking for a few more students to tutor. I am free on most weekdays & weekends( morning). If anyone is interested/ has any further inquiries, please email me at SamT0901@gmail.com or PM me here:)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)