Martin Place Hostage Situation (1 Viewer)

turntaker

HSC
Idk why people who are not even a hostage are scared

turntaker

HSC
Lindt cafe could be a hostage map on Counter Strike

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
11.39 The #illridewithyou hashtag has now seen over 55,000 tweets in the past hour.

turntaker

HSC
Because they could potentially become victim within a hostage situation. What happens, if the perpetrator comes to your place and kidnaps your ass.

"Not scared"
Yeah cause everyday people get kidnapped from their own homes by jihadist terrorist

turntaker

HSC
Lol you wouldnt be the slightest bit scared if you worked down the road from the cafe?
Nah, I'm pretty sure I can handle one guy with a shotgun unlike all the other hostages

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
[–]WindowToAlaska 1 point 2 minutes ago
This needs to go viral:
From an article written in September:
It had also been reported they wanted to drape the body in an Islamic State flag.
It is believed busy Martin Place, in Sydney’s CBD, was the location chosen for an execution that would be filmed and posted on social media.
Source: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...-aussie-fighters/story-fni0fee2-1227063351351

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah cause everyday people get kidnapped from their own homes by jihadist terrorist
You think the people in the cafe even fucking knew there was gonna be a maniac entering and taking hostages within the store. Just a perfect fine day, and a moment later, they're held against their will.

turntaker

HSC
[–]WindowToAlaska 1 point 2 minutes ago
This needs to go viral:
From an article written in September:
It had also been reported they wanted to drape the body in an Islamic State flag.
It is believed busy Martin Place, in Sydney’s CBD, was the location chosen for an execution that would be filmed and posted on social media.
Source: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...-aussie-fighters/story-fni0fee2-1227063351351
Yeah apparently a public beheading was planned.

turntaker

HSC
You think the people in the cafe even fucking new there was gonna be a maniac entering and taking hostages within the store. Just a perfect fine day, and a moment later, they're held against their will.
But its in the Centre of a the CBD. My house is in the west. I'm safe

turntaker

HSC
Why can't they just snipe the gunman like in the movies. Or maybe get a swat team

turntaker

HSC
people this is serious ://
Yes but it shouldn't scare regular people. It has already happened. the chances of it happening again are very low. 9/11 didn't happen again.

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Alright guys, I'm signing off. It's been a long 13 hours, though I'm sure it's felt longer for the hostages. The police have advised us to go about our normal business, so I will be heading off to bed so I can make it in to work tomorrow.
My thoughts go out to the hostages and the family. They will definitely be on my mind as I go to bed. I hope the police are able to resolve this situation quickly and peacefully.
I hope my contributions to this live feed helped keep those of you following informed. Thanks to /u/trollsting for setting up the live feed, all the other contributors for helping and the messages of support from viewers.
Please contact /u/trollsting regarding anything to do with this live feed. /u/jb2386

from reddit
http://www.reddit.com/live/u2pwph99rvy6

Last edited:

Swaan

Stupid Fat Hobbit
HSC
Why can't they just snipe the gunman like in the movies. Or maybe get a swat team
Because this isn't a fkn movie lol
You have to think about all the possible consequences before doing something drastic like that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)