Mary Donaldson marrying the Danish Crown Prince... (1 Viewer)

chepas

HSC
Well, the wedding's on SBS Friday night. Dunno about others but I just find the idea fascinating - an Australian-born soul in a monarchy!

In that channel 7 special tonight, it sounds like she's got that Danish accent already down! Can't really hear any trace of an Aust one anymore!

Also I thought that she was more from that sort of really suburban Aussie family - but they seem to be from a 'higher class' than that! Just the impression I got...

Anyway, anyone else with thoughts? Perhaps more researched than mine :D

Last edited:

hatty

Banned
well it is wonderful and a 'fairy tale' come true for some girl
but in the end, i dont have any respect for any royal family
they're just there for having their pictures taken

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
good on her ... put tasmania on the tourist map ...

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
...well she looks/acts the part ... an excellent rep. i think
i saw the end of that special thing..i think her family are in the wine industry (just guessing)...

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
indeed is a fairytale, a commoner marrying a prince.

yes she looks the part and them people over there really adore her too.

chepas

HSC
Yer, according to the special last night (i think) and other sources though the Danes still have a lot of respect for their monarchy, and any republic movement is quickly silenced!!! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Loz#1
She's so pretty. Can't wait to see the dress.
Though if the dress is influenced by the likes of the Queen Margaret, we should expect something that looks like it came out of Ab Fab!

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Yeah I say good on her. I won't watch the wedding though cause I figure it's supposed to a private, special moment.

The one thing that I didn't like was her faving to give up her Australian citizenship. Still, she gets a nice house and a nice title, and alot of money. So it makes up for it.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Enlightened_One
The one thing that I didn't like was her faving to give up her Australian citizenship. Still, she gets a nice house and a nice title, and alot of money. So it makes up for it.
Its not like the Aust government will really care if she visits Australia anyway.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i saw an aticle saying that the Australian goverment's wedding gift to the couple was only worth about 3 dollars overall for the seedlings :rofl: how cheap...

Ziff

HSC
N/A
An Australian citizenship is worthless when you have something entitling you to EU citizenship ;)

chepas

HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
i saw an aticle saying that the Australian goverment's wedding gift to the couple was only worth about 3 dollars overall for the seedlings :rofl: how cheap...
LOL. To be fair, it must have been the best Woolies could offer...

Originally posted by Ziff
An Australian citizenship is worthless when you have something entitling you to EU citizenship ;)
Touch... :D

But you gotta love it - didn't she get Powderfinger over there in Denmark for a concert or she went to one here especially or something? Either way it was a something extravagant a monarchy could and would pull off... and the girl beat Freddie in the yacht race... hehe.

Last edited:

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
i think they are a cute couple.. best wishes to them
though it would kinda suck having to not be australian anymore and having to change ur religion..
i was reading through some of the gifts they have been given.. like aboriginal paintings.. cars.. a yacht? combined with the house.. millions of people loving her.. the whole power thing.. damn shes got it good!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Ok, I heard the wedding will be 35 mil! 35 mil!! Think of the homeless people across the world! The hungry! The poor!

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
whoo hoo, I don't got to be an aussie no more!

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
I care about as much as I care about whatever some stupid Hollywood bint is doing today. If she's happy, fine...I don't give a damn, nothing newsworthy in it. People get married all the time, and royals are just that: people. As our lovely citizen from down under has shown.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Loz#1
Ok, I heard the wedding will be 35 mil! 35 mil!! Think of the homeless people across the world! The hungry! The poor!
I'm thinking about it and laughing. Stop it's torture - the torture of excessive laughing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)