Mary Queen of Scots (1 Viewer)

FestustheDragon

HSC
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if anyone could help me with my independent research project. My question is Why was Mary Queen of Scots executed? Discuss the factors which played a significant role in her execution.

I was thinking the whole Roman Catholic vs. Protestantism thing that went down with Mary and Elizabeth I.

If anyone has a better way of wording that question, that would also be a great help.

Thanks for reading :D

Ununoctium

Che barba
HSC
Are you sure that this is modern history? It sounds to me as early modern history, which isn't what Prelim/HSC Modern covers.

Nevertheless, a better phrasing of your question may be:
Examine the reasons why Mary Queen of Scots was executed.

I think, though, you should look at her more conceptually. What about her impact on Tudor society, including religion?

While Roman Catholicism and Protestantism (be careful loosely saying Protestantism - it was the Church of England Protestantism) were factors, her death was probably as simple as basic politics. Mary Queen of Scots wanted the English throne, and had a very strong claim to it should Elizabeth die (or be murdered) without heirs. And, naturally, Elizabeth wanted to extinguish potential usurpers.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)