Master of Commerce/Finance - Kaplan (1 Viewer)

Ninja636

HSC
Hi all.

What are your opinions on the Master of Applied Finance from Kaplan?

To those of you who have completed the degree (particularly those from a non-finance background), what have your employment prospects been like, and have you applied to any investment banks?

I guess my underlying question is: are potential investment banking applicants (non-finance background) significantly better placed with a postgrad degree from a higher ranking institution (eg, UNSW or USyd) than from Kaplan, all things being equal?

Cheers

rx34

HSC
Pardon my ignorance, but what is Kaplan? Is it a university? Links?

Omar-Comin

HSC
N/A
Kaplan is equivalent to a TAFE in the sense it only offers diplomas and certificates, their placements do not even begin to compare with the group of eight graduate programs.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
FINSIA was good before Kaplan bought it. Now the notes are shit, and the course structure is a mess (so I hear). I would probably do it at a uni, but ignore what the above poster has said. FINSIA was quite good before it was sold.

Foodie

HSC
N/A
Urgh, most universities operate as a not-for-profit, whereas Kaplan is a for-profit educational provider. This may be of a concern to potential employers. Unless you're wanting to take course pursuant to your interests, have solid track record in your work, or are just looking for quick courses to satisfy some professional requirement, then a Kaplan qualification is just about as credible as an MBA from the University of Pheonix.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
Is this one of those education providers to Indians? Even if it isn't you probably shouldn't do it because I have not heard of it. That being the case, most interviewers would probably throw your resume out within 10 seconds.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Is this one of those education providers to Indians? Even if it isn't you probably shouldn't do it because I have not heard of it. That being the case, most interviewers would probably throw your resume out within 10 seconds.
LOL, no FINSIA was good before. Had lots of front office people doing courses there. Now that it's changed to KAPLAN, its gone down the tube.

You work in banking omni, you're ignorant ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)