• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

masters of commerce (1 Viewer)

SarahColman

HSC
is it possible to get in to masters without a gpa, and then transfer by doing a diploma? does anyone know how it works?
thanks;)

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Not exatly sure what you mean here, but you will need a Credit average to get into the Masters Of Commerce at USYD unless they have varied the requirement in the last year. But it is Full Fee so I imagine there will be some leway in that requirement.

Alternatively, should you not meet the CR requirement, you could go for a grad diploma, and provided you meet some standard (usually CR average) you can upgrade to the Masters of Commerce.

Hope that helps.

pinkfloydlsd

HSC
Hey so i've been accepted into the masters of commerce at syd uni...just wondering what the course is like (preferably by somebody currently doing it)?

I am deciding between USYD and UNSW...i feel that syd uni is a better 'fit' bc frankly if i wanted to be surrounded by asian students that can't speak english i would do my degree in asia...not UNSW! however, i hear that the master of commerce/economics is a very good degree at UNSW and here lies my dilemma.

any advice???

The Jerk

HSC
You've probably already found the answer. But if anyone else is interested, yes, it's possible to complete the Graduate Diploma and then transfer to the Masters course if your grades are good enough.

For entry into this degree, students must have completed a bachelor’s degree, graduate diploma/certificate or equivalent from a recognised tertiary institution with a minimum credit (65 per cent) average.
Most information is available on the Faculty website.

If you need advice you can also contact the student office for this sort of information.

ausaus

HSC
Not exatly sure what you mean here, but you will need a Credit average to get into the Masters Of Commerce at USYD unless they have varied the requirement in the last year. But it is Full Fee so I imagine there will be some leway in that requirement.

Alternatively, should you not meet the CR requirement, you could go for a grad diploma, and provided you meet some standard (usually CR average) you can upgrade to the Masters of Commerce.

Hope that helps.
But you can apply for fee-help to defer your payments, cant you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)