Match Point (1 Viewer)

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Re: Anyone seen Match Point??

loved it. was a bit slow to start off with, but definitely one of the best films i've seen recently.

so much to say, but i laughed when the policeman wakes up and goes "CHRIS KILLED NOLA", goes and explains his theory to his partner, his partner goes "nice try but..." and you guys know the rest.

and i agree, it was a perfect ending.

walrusbear

HSC
just the way you wrote you couldn't wait to see it
i thought maybe you were waiting for its release

and you'd think a big fan of woody allen AND scarlett johansson would have seen it already
if you were in a coma or something i apologise

SharkBait

HSC
i must admit, i didnt think it was all that crash-hot. but then again, im not too familiar wit allen's work....but still, it shud've been able to accomodate eveyrone's taste, not just his fans. and i thought the movie were ridiculous at points. like, who the f*k wud go and create this elaborate murder just so he doesnt hav to deal wit the consequence of inpregnating the chick. there was sooo much alternatives. seriously.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
SharkBait said:
i must admit, i didnt think it was all that crash-hot. but then again, im not too familiar wit allen's work....but still, it shud've been able to accomodate eveyrone's taste, not just his fans. and i thought the movie were ridiculous at points. like, who the f*k wud go and create this elaborate murder just so he doesnt hav to deal wit the consequence of inpregnating the chick. there was sooo much alternatives. seriously.
yeah, no one in the history of murder has ever killed their lover

and ummm....how is he supposed to make a movie that everyone loves? how is that even possible?

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
SharkBait said:
If you're not familiar with Woody's work, what makes you think he's accomodating his fans?? If anything this is easily one of his most accessible and 'mainstream' films. In fact, you could argue that is a more mainstream friendly remake of one of his earlier films Crimes and Misdemeanors. And yes.. your criticism about the plausibility of the murder is bollocks.

SharkBait

HSC
i def dont mean he had to attempt to make a film that everyone loves but that film was soooo ridiculous at times and dull at others..i dont kno wot the fuss is all abt.

walrusbear

HSC
this is the closest we have to a woody allen thread sos...

i watched 'hollywood ending' last night and it was pretty damn bad
i'm thinking it is the worst of his i've seen now (replaces 'anything else')
only very mildly funny, a middling and unfleshed romance
even the meta-fictional sorta stuff was half-hearted
2 meandering hours :(

anyone else seen this misstep?

also, there's a trailer out for his latest somewhere, i might post it later if i can be bothered to find it
it has both scarlett and penelope cruz sexing it up

icecreamdisco

HSC
haven't seen most of his recent stuff, although i'll confess to a mild soft spot for curse of the jade scorpion, even though it's objectively not really a good film at all. small time crooks and scoop have their moments too.

the scarlett/penelope one has been getting great reviews at cannes recently, mainly for the latter's performance. unfortunately the lesbian sex is essentially just a makeout; one 'insider' said it was gonna be explicit. blast.

walrusbear

HSC
i have a mild soft spot for pretty much every woody allen movie, no matter how poor it truly is
i watched melinda & melinda, another misfire of sorts
seeing will ferrell act like woody is just wrong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)