• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Mate, your girlfriend was a bloke (1 Viewer)

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
I'm not thinking about more long term relationships... just more short-term type things.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
if you were totally certain that your partner wouldn't care if you were a transexual, then there's no harm in telling. you should tell.

if you knew your partner would be repulsed/shocked/horrified etc to find out, then as much as you might want the relationship to continue, you should tell. i don't think it's fair to the other person to withhold something that you know they'd want to be aware of especially if they have moral objections.

so in summary, you should speak up about it. unless it's like a one night stand in which case it probably doesn't matter. but in a relationship i can't see any valid reason for not telling your partner, beyond the obvious 'but i don't want him/her to break up with me', which is understandable but not considerate of your partner's feelings/beliefs.

CDP

HSC
N/A
"An individual known as Brigitte Fell had a sexual relationship with one Garrick Jacobson without informing him that he had undergone a sex change? Mr Jacobson was deliberately deceived into believing that Mr Fell was a woman.
Section 61 (I) of the Crimes Act, is quite clear that a person commits the offence of sexual assault if one engages in sexual activity without informed consent. Informed consent in this case was not obtained because, pursuant to 61 HA Part 5 (a) of the Act, Mr Jacobson was under the “mistaken belief as to the identity of the other person",
, Rev Nile stated.
"I’m surprised that to my knowledge, Mr Jacobson was not informed of this, nor was he offered any support or counselling. Whilst some may argue that these events were merely the result of a gross error of judgement on Mr Jacobson’s part, they do not absolve our responsibilities toward him. This is why we have this legislation, to protect all vulnerable members of the public regardless of age or gender, any perceived physical, mental or emotional weakness, impairment of judgement or degree of coherence.
The Police have a civic and moral duty to protect the public from such crime. Constables Stacey and Ritson should be exonerated," stated Rev Nile.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
CDP said:
"An individual known as Brigitte Fell had a sexual relationship with one Garrick Jacobson without informing him that he had undergone a sex change? Mr Jacobson was deliberately deceived into believing that Mr Fell was a woman.
Section 61 (I) of the Crimes Act, is quite clear that a person commits the offence of sexual assault if one engages in sexual activity without informed consent. Informed consent in this case was not obtained because, pursuant to 61 HA Part 5 (a) of the Act, Mr Jacobson was under the “mistaken belief as to the identity of the other person",
, Rev Nile stated.
"I’m surprised that to my knowledge, Mr Jacobson was not informed of this, nor was he offered any support or counselling. Whilst some may argue that these events were merely the result of a gross error of judgement on Mr Jacobson’s part, they do not absolve our responsibilities toward him. This is why we have this legislation, to protect all vulnerable members of the public regardless of age or gender, any perceived physical, mental or emotional weakness, impairment of judgement or degree of coherence.
The Police have a civic and moral duty to protect the public from such crime. Constables Stacey and Ritson should be exonerated," stated Rev Nile.
OH LOOK IT'S FRED NILE

It's not like he's a massive intolerant bigot or anything.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
CDP = Christian Democratic Party

lol.

Worst troll ever.

Russdog

russell
HSC
he would've known. it'd be fucking impossible he didn't know.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
question for the ladies:

would you be as pissed if you realised your ex-boyfriend were a transexual? (assuming a female-to-male sex change could be performed as well)

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
DeathB4Life said:
question for the ladies:

would you be as pissed if you realised your ex-boyfriend were a transexual? (assuming a female-to-male sex change could be performed as well)
yeah. i'd want to know about it straight up so i could either get used to it or get out of the relationship (probably the latter).

it's too important not to say anything. this isn't a change like, say, losing epic amounts of weight and not mentioning what you used to look like, or getting a bit of superficial plastic surgery, or something similar...this is a change like having your genitals ripped out and put back in as the opposite gender to what you were born with. it's slightly too much to just ignore.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
DeathB4Life said:
question for the ladies:

Of course!!! :eek: as ^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said, this isnt a small thing that a person can just over look and continue on with life normally. This is huge!

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
townie said:
interesting question, should you tell somebody your dating if your a transsexual? do they have a RIGHT to know?
Pretty much if they have a penis and look masculine = male. Look feminine and have a vagina[even a plastic one]? = female. I havent really allways felt like that, but basically if i cared about them enough then their history wouldnt change how i felt.

Yeah there are some other issues involved like unable to have kids for instance and trust issues and for that reason i think its important to disclose issues like that [much in the same way a girl who is infertile should tell her partner that if things start to get serious]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)