Math 1901. Biol 1003. Phys 1002. (1 Viewer)

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
no you dont, i dont see why u would do a subject which is basically similar to another one, in your first year that will give u the same cp at the end of the day. so y put pressure on your self in the first year, and maybe 2nd year or so, take up higher level of maths, and btw its not like u cant do it on your own.
Advanced and normal maths subjects are not basically the same in first year. There is a fairly large difference.

It would be like saying why do people both with Ext 1 English, given it is similar to English (Advanced) ,(and assuming you already have 10 units without it) which you don't need, and put pressure upon yourself.

And if you're willing to do it on your own, that determination usually mean you will do well, so why not do it for credit?

At the end of the day, you want your marks to be limited by your ability, not some bureaucratic bell curve, and that's what advanced is about.

lou071

HSC
N/A
Advanced and normal maths subjects are not basically the same in first year. There is a fairly large difference.

It would be like saying why do people both with Ext 1 English, given it is similar to English (Advanced) ,(and assuming you already have 10 units without it) which you don't need, and put pressure upon yourself.

And if you're willing to do it on your own, that determination usually mean you will do well, so why not do it for credit?

At the end of the day, you want your marks to be limited by your ability, not some bureaucratic bell curve, and that's what advanced is about.[/quote]

can you explain what you mean plz?:)

uniform

!!!
HSC
Just to give some of you an idea on scaling, I left just less than half of the final exam blank in MATH1901 (advanced) and still managed to get an 84. I found MATH1902 even harder and thought I was going to fail for sure given how many questions I left blank, but received an 80. In second semester I figured I'd take normal units instead, thinking it would be easier to achieve high HDs, but I was wrong. In MATH1003, a course which I thought was extremely easy (with a simple end-of-year exam to match), with most of the course based directly on Ext 2 HSC maths, I only managed an 83, when I was hoping mid/high 90s. It was a kick in the teeth!

lou071

HSC
N/A
Just to give some of you an idea on scaling, I left just less than half of the final exam blank in MATH1901 (advanced) and still managed to get an 84. I found MATH1902 even harder and thought I was going to fail for sure given how many questions I left blank, but received an 80. In second semester I figured I'd take normal units instead, thinking it would be easier to achieve high HDs, but I was wrong. In MATH1003, a course which I thought was extremely easy (with a simple end-of-year exam to match), with most of the course based directly on Ext 2 HSC maths, I only managed an 83, when I was hoping mid/high 90s. It was a kick in the teeth!
did you put less work when you changed to normal units?

uniform

!!!
HSC
did you put less work when you changed to normal units?
Definitely, but let me explain. I spent less hours revising and studying for the subject, but the hours I DID spend on the subject were nonetheless of good quality. I spent less hours because I had already encountered most of the topics in year 12.. It was easy to get full marks in both quizzes, and the past papers were straight forward, so I figured I was set. I probably made careless errors in the final exam, but considering I answered most of the exam and was confident in my answers (in contrast with the advanced unit exams in first semester), I was surprised by the outcome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)