Math 1A (2 Viewers)

shannonm

HSC
N/A
1121 and 1131 are basicly the same thing (go to the same lectures, etc) also theres very very little dfferences in the exam paper, saw a friends 1121 paper 90% same crap

raigaa

HSC
yeah they are pretty much the same

who was your lecturer shannom?
we got joe wolfe
he's alright
pretty funny too

gman03

HSC
raigaa said:

we got joe wolfe
he's alright
pretty funny too
he probably got the same lecturer, thou joe's tests were damn hard.

frazzle

HSC
I'm doing 1131 and I have a calculus test on monday, it's all revision stuff, but still! I'm pretty intimidated since it's the first UNI test and all, I don't want to fail my first test!!! I'm finding everything maths-related pretty hard, especially since I have to do 1131 AND 1081...

raigaa

HSC
gman03 said:
he probably got the same lecturer, thou joe's tests were damn hard.
yeah
that guy..
*sigh*

frazzle said:
I'm doing 1131 and I have a calculus test on monday, it's all revision stuff, but still! I'm pretty intimidated since it's the first UNI test and all, I don't want to fail my first test!!! I'm finding everything maths-related pretty hard, especially since I have to do 1131 AND 1081...

i think discrete maths helps out with 1131, thgouh i do 1090, :p sucker! !HAHHA
HAVE FUN WITH PERM/COMBS :p

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
You and your S.A.D. Friggin, every first year comp. person I know is complaining about discrete, must be really hard. Thank god I didn't do comp. ;)

Oh yea, good luck on the math test 1st yr people!! Lets all get a pass eh? *fingers crossed*

Last edited:

gman03

HSC
Curry said:
You and your S.A.D. Friggin, every first year comp. person I know is complaining about discrete, must be really hard. Thank god I didn't do comp. ;)

Oh yea, good luck on the math test 1st yr people!! Lets all get a pass eh? *fingers crossed*
I think people dislike discrete is that fact that it does not involve hardcore calculation but rather simple counting and writtings. I hate writtings -> I dislike discrete..

shannonm

HSC
N/A
raigaa said:

we got joe wolfe
he's alright
pretty funny too
yeah wolfe for first half (kinematics, grav, conservation) and newb for session 2 (1st year electroblah - guass, ampere, faraday)

the only reason wolfe is good is because we could suss out a good portion of whats on in the exam (both particular topics and almost ripped off questions from elsewhere) at least 1 if not 2 are repeating from previous exams, and should be at least one question from the tutes
newb rips off some of his electromag questions from phys1969 (old elec eng physics) past papers

another thing, the mid session doesnt count (cause you can repeat it if you like during final) and in the final (repeat test) should be 2 if not 3 questions straight out repeated from the mid session, so try leech answers to it and memorize or even better understand them

anyway RE maths how is discrete hard? looks easy as

raigaa

HSC
shannonm said:
yeah wolfe for first half (kinematics, grav, conservation) and newb for session 2 (1st year electroblah - guass, ampere, faraday)

the only reason wolfe is good is because we could suss out a good portion of whats on in the exam (both particular topics and almost ripped off questions from elsewhere) at least 1 if not 2 are repeating from previous exams, and should be at least one question from the tutes
newb rips off some of his electromag questions from phys1969 (old elec eng physics) past papers

another thing, the mid session doesnt count (cause you can repeat it if you like during final) and in the final (repeat test) should be 2 if not 3 questions straight out repeated from the mid session, so try leech answers to it and memorize or even better understand them

anyway RE maths how is discrete hard? looks easy as

wtf so you mean
if i fuck up the mid session, i can do it again in the final session ?
or it doesn't count completely
it says for 1131
Prac = 20%
mid sesison = 40
final = 40

i think discrete is alright, i don't think its hard though it's definately harder than 1131 (im talking 1090)

in order of hardness so far

1. Elec1011 + Phys1131, they are equal in hardness
2. Math1090
3. math1131
4. phtn1010/elec1010/tele1010 the most bullshit waste of 4 hour/week subject ever
*sigh*

wogboy

Terminator
HSC
raigaa said:
if i fuck up the mid session, i can do it again in the final session ?
In the final exam for PHYS1131 you're given 2 test papers, Test 2 and Test 1R. Test 2 is compulsory and worth 40%. Test 1R is optional, and if you score higher in it than in the midsession, then your Test 1R mark will replace your midsession mark (so Test 1R is like a second chance). But I strongly recommend against neglecting the midsession and doing Test 1R, since you're only given 3 hours in the final exam, in which you can comfortably finish Test 2 (30 mins/q), but it will be a big struggle to finish Test 1R as well (15 mins/q). Also I remember Test 1R being considerably harder than the midsession.

raigaa

HSC
wogboy said:
In the final exam for PHYS1131 you're given 2 test papers, Test 2 and Test 1R. Test 2 is compulsory and worth 40%. Test 1R is optional, and if you score higher in it than in the midsession, then your Test 1R mark will replace your midsession mark (so Test 1R is like a second chance). But I strongly recommend against neglecting the midsession and doing Test 1R, since you're only given 3 hours in the final exam, in which you can comfortably finish Test 2 (30 mins/q), but it will be a big struggle to finish Test 1R as well (15 mins/q). Also I remember Test 1R being considerably harder than the midsession.
ohh that's shit then rofl...
i thought you get another day to do the test on
ok screw that .

gman03

HSC
raigaa said:
4. phtn1010/elec1010/tele1010 the most bullshit waste of 4 hour/week subject ever
*sigh*
More bullshit is yet to come in the second half of the session when they have guess speakers and there isn't any notes worth taken from them YET you are expected to give opinions to those visitors in the exam (like 3 page of essays explaining why you like their job or not) and there isn't much past paper/textbook on this subject.

In conclusion, 1010 sux.

frazzle

HSC
in conclusion, MATHS in general sucks

=(

i so will fail tomorrow's test now...

ok, *think positive*...

shannonm

HSC
N/A
aren't there past quizzes in one of the books in the coursepack?
it will be very similar to that

Curry

Zacsik!
HSC
It was very similar. And not too hard either. *Touch wood*

frazzle

HSC
heeeeey i survivd my first maths test, and surprisingly enough, it wasn't too hard at all!!!

now if i thought it wasn't hard then it's got to be true!

dafidav

HSC
well that first calculus test was only revision people

so it should be easy

lol

it seems that a lot of people may have complained about our calculus tutor as we got a new one this week and she said she's there for the entire session

name is catherine wong

seems pretty good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)