MATH1131 books help (1 Viewer)

Drewk

HSC
In the unsw bookshop site the 'Calculus One & Several Variables + WileyPLUS 10ED' and '' Calculus One & Several Variables 10ED Student Solutions PACK' are listed where the 1st is Prescribed i wanted to know what is the difference between the two. Does the 1st one not have worked solutions or something, and because the WileyPLUS thing is an online thing which probably only provides 1 account for access would i not get the access if i bought 'Calculus One & Several Variables + WileyPLUS 10ED' second hand ??

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Unless you're a pure maths major, I wouldn't recommend getting the textbook. It's just a supplementary text.

Drewk

HSC
Unless you're a pure maths major, I wouldn't recommend getting the textbook. It's just a supplementary text.
It is listed as Prescribed though..., even still i think it would be better to get it as i usually need more practice for my maths and i wanna do well ill have more maths classes in the next few sems. Could you please answer my original question a bit more specifically as to what is the differences in the versions etc.
thx

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
the textbook is useless...

the coursenotes have everything you need and have plenty of questions for you to do

D94

HSC
N/A
Even the lecturers do not recommend buying the textbook. The "prescribed" doesn't mean it's recommended.

I would be surprised if you managed to complete all the tutorial problems. The great majority of students will not complete all the questions, so there's already enough practice there.

Anyway, the WileyPlus is an online application. If you bought it second hand, whoever had it previously could have an activated licence, so you may not be able to use it. The difference between the two listed is that one is a solutions pack (i.e. the solutions for the questions) and one is the actual textbook.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
It is listed as Prescribed though..., even still i think it would be better to get it as i usually need more practice for my maths and i wanna do well ill have more maths classes in the next few sems. Could you please answer my original question a bit more specifically as to what is the differences in the versions etc.
thx
I know of exactly zero people who did questions from that textbook. The course pack questions are very much enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)