MATH1131 Difficulty? (1 Viewer)

awesomeguy123

HSC
hey guys. im doing math 1131 and im a bit worried because people have been telling me that the maths is very hard. I didnt do 4unit, i only did 2u and 3u and i didnt do THAT well in either. So yeah, would I be able to get decent marks if i work hard, or is it too hard.

awesomeguy123

HSC
ALSO, what are tutorials like? is it basically like class where the teacher goes around the class asking people what they got, or is it like you do your own work and if you have a problem you ask the teacher

D94

HSC
N/A
Well you only have 2 options, MATH1131 and MATH1141, so whether or not it is difficult, you can only do your very best. There will be some 4U topics covered, but the course is intended to teach students with 3U assumed knowledge, and so the 4U topics are taught from scratch.

Although not all tutorials are the same due to teaching styles, they generally require students to have at least attempted the tutorial questions, then if you have any questions about the problems, you can ask the tutor how to do it. There are answers, so it's not the tutor going around asking what you got. You don't actually do work in the tutorials - it is designed for students to ask questions and the tutor to respond. However, some tutors will have questions they want to go over so they will just proceed with that without really considering what problems the students have. In that case, there are consultations where you can go to their office and ask questions individually.

Thief

!!
HSC
Well you only have 2 options, MATH1131 and MATH1141, so whether or not it is difficult, you can only do your very best. There will be some 4U topics covered, but the course is intended to teach students with 3U assumed knowledge, and so the 4U topics are taught from scratch.

Although not all tutorials are the same due to teaching styles, they generally require students to have at least attempted the tutorial questions, then if you have any questions about the problems, you can ask the tutor how to do it. There are answers, so it's not the tutor going around asking what you got. You don't actually do work in the tutorials - it is designed for students to ask questions and the tutor to respond. However, some tutors will have questions they want to go over so they will just proceed with that without really considering what problems the students have. In that case, there are consultations where you can go to their office and ask questions individually.
Hypothetically speaking, if you completed all of your questions and got them 100% right would you have nothing to do?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hypothetically speaking, if you completed all of your questions and got them 100% right would you have nothing to do?
good luck completing all the questions though

ismeta

HSC
Start of semester i resolved to do all the questions. Gave up at about week 2/3, started doing only the harder ones/every second/third/fourth...heh.

D94

HSC
N/A
Do the next set of tutorial problems. Or do the harder ones (for MATH1141)

Thief

!!
HSC
Do the next set of tutorial problems. Or do the harder ones (for MATH1141)
Alright. That's cool then. How many hours of work roughly would you say is each set of tute problems?

Oh no I definitely wouldn't be able to, I was just curious =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)