MATH1141 question (general) (1 Viewer)

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
A/Prof.Doust's Notes (Tu 10 and Th 9)
Prof.Schief's Notes (Tu 17 and We 16)

What does Tu 10 and Th 9 mean? (tuesday 10 and thursday 9? the heck..)

"Bring the notes for your lecturer to class! Note that some timetables may not have the correct lecturer listed for your lecture times. The current lecturers/times are those below." ---------> this is true for me, I'm in the 9-11am (tuesday/thursday) with Dr D Potapov/Prof WK Schief, so I must read Doust's notes

Anyone have the same problem?

MiseryParade

HSC
I had the same questions as you, so I emailed Peter Brown about lecturers and times. This was the response I received:

As I said:
There are a couple of typographical errors in the timetable in the Course Handout. The Lectures for Lecture Stream 2 should be

Tuesday 9:00-11am MATHEWS-B
Thursday 9:00-11am CLB-8.

We had a number of changes which is why I put up the announcement.

P. Brown

I also emailed Doust, since he seemed to be friendly, and this was his response:

You should follow your timetable as to times and rooms. The timetabling system requires that we give them a list of possible instructors about 6 months in advance and they tend to then rather randomly assign them to times. When the timetable came out we discovered that it was better to swap who was teaching what when. It is quite common that we have to swap lecturers in and out out..often to entirely different courses.

See you (and a few hundred of your classmates) on Tuesday.

Ian Doust

so tl;dr follow your timetable for rooms and times, but don't follow it for your lecturers. I'm in the same lecture stream as you (LEC2) and it seems like our calc lecturer is Doust, and our algebra lecturer is Potapov.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)