Math1901 (1 Viewer)

MyLuv

Originally posted by freaking_out
i've drawn a sketch for 1b- can someone tell me if this looks right??

cheers :)
Er..I think u miss out the maximum pt which is real(w)=3/2 and vertical tangent too ^^
Btw,any1 having 1902 at 8 tomoro? :)

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
thanks for the reminder MyLuv, i was living in a dream there for a while.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by MyLuv
Er..I think u miss out the maximum pt which is real(w)=3/2 and vertical tangent too ^^
Btw,any1 having 1902 at 8 tomoro? :)
yeah, i thought that the maximum will have a negative x coordinate...hmmm...so i just change that to positive right?? and also - what do u mean abt. vertical tangent? :confused:

yeah, i've also got 1902 lecture at 8 2moro. :)

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
MyLuv - you just need to sketch it.

Freaking_out - your sketch is the correct shape, but you have shown the max somewhere in Re(w) < 0, when it should be in the region Re(w) > 0.

How do I know? Well, the point z = (3 + i * sqrt(3)) / 2 lies on the circle, so w = z<sup>2</sup> = (3 + 3i * sqrt(3)) / 2 should be on your sketch. This point has Re(w) = 1.5 and Im(w) = 3 *sqrt(3) / 2 = 2.598..., clearly above (on the imaginary axis) the intercept at w = 2i.

So, your curve should be increasing as it crosses the imaginary axis, rather than decreasing. Otherwise, it looks OK.

I haven't actually figured out where the max is, so MyLuv may be right about its position, in which case the point I just chose at random happens to be the max - what a coincidence! :)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by CM_Tutor
...So, your curve should be increasing as it crosses the imaginary axis, rather than decreasing. Otherwise, it looks OK..
okiez then- i will change that, but i got confused when myluv said something abt. "vertical tangent"- is he talking abt. the one at 4? :confused:

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
okiez then- i will change that, but i got confused when myluv said something abt. "vertical tangent"- is he talking abt. the one at 4? :confused:
No, he's talking about the one for Re(w) < 0

walla

Satisfied Customer
HSC
what do u mean- like did u forget the maximum or something? :confused:
no i was just pleasantly deluding myself that i didn't have an 8 o'clock lecture tomorrow

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
yeah, but didn't i show that there is a vertical tangent- or do i have to make it look more apparent? :D
You have shown it is present - if you want to go further, you'd need to find where it is...

MyLuv

Lol-I always late 'bout 10 min and have to sit in the last row with extra tall guy o_O

Collin

HSC
N/A
Oh shit, I totally forgot about the assignment. Fuck. It's due on Tuesday too isn't it?

Self-pwned.

MyLuv

Btw,did every1 know that we can only do work on 1 side of the papera?...:mad:. ..screw me,I have to copy the whole thing again T_T

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by walla
no i was just pleasantly deluding myself that i didn't have an 8 o'clock lecture tomorrow
Who are you man?

Can you like come up to me tomorrow morning and just say

"Hi, I don't like you", or something like that?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
Who are you man?

Can you like come up to me tomorrow morning and just say

"Hi, I don't like you", or something like that?
well, so much ppl. do that to u, so how u gonna know which one is gonna b 'walla'. :p

Originally posted by JKDDragon
Oh shit, I totally forgot about the assignment. Fuck. It's due on Tuesday too isn't it?

Self-pwned.
:uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)