Mathematics 3/4 (1 Viewer)

Psycho Bunnie

Originally posted by sven0023
this may sound dumb, but when you do 4u maths, another way to get a better result is to do maths beyond the 4u course...if you are planning to do a maths related course at uni it will supplement that anyway ie actuarys..but it will also make 4u alot easier...i mean think of how much easier 3u has become since you started 4u..
yeah but where would u find these neways???
i was actually thinking about doin actuary, are u doin it rite now??? or did u hear about it.

the problem with actuary is that only 30% of students actually survive through uni doing that course, or so i heard....

sven0023

Originally posted by Psycho Bunnie
i was actually thinking about doin actuary, are u doin it rite now??? or did u hear about it.

the problem with actuary is that only 30% of students actually survive through uni doing that course, or so i heard....
nah i just started yr12 right now, i want to do actuarys at uni...also if you can get a decent tutor or even 3-4th yr math/actuarys student...my brother is in some math/science course so he tutors me :)

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
i have the same problem.. just do heaps of practice questions and tests --pace yourself, dont rush and dont stress! when istress about it i get more nervous, try and go faster and as a consequence make a lot of errors! so just pace, dont stress and heaps of practice!
good luck xoxo

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Psycho Bunnie

yeah alarmingly the drop oput rate for first year is 80% :cold:t thats why theyre so highly regarded when they graduate
jeepers..why would you want to do maths for the rest of your life?
statisctice, probability, GPs, permutations/combiinations *shudders*
Originally posted by fatmuscle
to be good at maths

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE
listen to fatmuscle children :uhhuh:

Giant Lobster

HSC
me ext2 maths... now i hate maths. sometimes u sit there staring at a circ geo diagram until beeds of blood form on ur forehead.

statisctice, probability, GPs, permutations/combiinations *shudders
haha, my most hated of maths.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
sometimes u sit there staring at a circ geo diagram until beeds of blood form on ur forehead.
that is so true.. then it means like 3 marks lost .. godammit :chainsaw:
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
haha, my most hated of maths.
same, i dont think the 6 figure pay will attract me doing that for the rest of my life...

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
a high enough 6 figure pay will mean you dont have work nearly as much as the rest of ur life....

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
same, i think the 6 figure pay will attract me doing that for the rest of my life... [/B][/QUOTE]
------------------------------------------------------------
it attracts me very much, i guess ne1 doing bloody probabilityall day and the such deserves to b rewarded, so in the end, i think its worth it (if i make it, the failure rate is a bit daunting)

Giant Lobster

HSC
do actuarial ppl actually get 6 figure salaries fresh out of uni? i full doubt this. even so, say after 10 years of working, the actuarial dude is regarded highly enuf to be hired by some huge corp and does get a 6 figure salary then thats cool. but then its basically like that for every other 'good' job isnt it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)