Mathematics C (1 Viewer)

Elisa Sweet

HSC
That would be similar to either extension 1 or extension 2. It'd be pretty difficult, unless you're really good at maths.

Fellow

HSC
N/A
I'm currently doing Maths B (which is a prerequisite for Maths C), how would I know I would be able to cope with Maths C in regards to certain marks?

braintic

HSC
N/A
After having looked at a few online resources, I would say that the Mathematics C course covers a lot more material than the NSW Extension 2 course, but this material is covered MUCH more lightly. The sample papers I saw do not have questions anywhere near the difficulty of the Extension 2 past papers, or even the Extension 1 papers. They seem to be all about regurgitating skills, and have very few questions requiring creative mathematical thinking.

Fellow

HSC
N/A
Will I be able to cope with Maths C? I'm current on a B-/C+ in Maths B. :s

braintic

HSC
N/A
Will I be able to cope with Maths C? I'm current on a B-/C+ in Maths B. :s
Those grades mean nothing in NSW. We don't give As, Bs, etc. down here, we give marks. I really have no idea what that equates to. The only way of getting a feeling of how you're doing is if you post a copy of one of your exams, and tell us what MARK (percentage) you got in that exam.

Fellow

HSC
N/A
Those grades mean nothing in NSW. We don't give As, Bs, etc. down here, we give marks. I really have no idea what that equates to. The only way of getting a feeling of how you're doing is if you post a copy of one of your exams, and tell us what MARK (percentage) you got in that exam.
As in what percentage of questions answered correctly? I got around 70%. :)

Fellow

HSC
N/A
Also, does anyone have 2011/2012 test papers of Maths Ext. 1/ Ext. 2? Year 11???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)