Mathematics Extension 1 Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
I thought it was overall pretty easy. But I ran out of time since I kept on messing up on one of the questions.

E4 prediction?

calamebe

HSC
Yeah it really wasn't hard. I think my cohort was thinking it was harder than last year, so based off that, maybe mid 70's or something?

trecex1

HSC
Do HSC markers count carry on errors to next question? Think I might've got one of the sub parts wrong and used it in the next part. Do I get full marks for the next part?

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Do HSC markers count carry on errors to next question? Think I might've got one of the sub parts wrong and used it in the next part. Do I get full marks for the next part?
I think it would depend on the nature of the error.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
I found that to be a bloodbath tbh... Most people who did 4u at my school found it OK but the 3u kids died inside

thank goodness it's probably one of the units not to count

Spoderman19

HSC
It was good but longer than other years imo. Multiple choice was annoying a bit too, what was Q9?

Shuuya

HSC
Band 6 dreams have been ripped apart and stabbed with 3000 blades projected from hell

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Band 6 dreams have been ripped apart and stabbed with 3000 blades projected from hell
That projectile question could've easily been made more tedious by making the projectile hit the wall at a point in its trajectory that was not the max. height, so that we'd have needed to calculate the angle it hits the wall at, and use this (and the law of reflection) to obtain the initial angle for the ball's motion after hitting the wall. :)

GiraCubed

HSC
I personally thought there was the fair share of harder questions, which the majority of my cohort agreed with. The exam for me took longer to complete compared to most practice exams, and due to that I most probably made some mistakes. It's interesting to hear from you who say it was easier than the past years, since I don't really think it was. I called Parametrics being the last question though (woo me).

Trickat3

HSC
i stuffed up so much.....
e4 cut of is always 90% right??????????????

Shuuya

HSC
That projectile question could've easily been made more tedious by making the projectile hit the wall at a point in its trajectory that was not the max. height, so that we'd have needed to calculate the angle it hits the wall at, and use this (and the law of reflection) to obtain the initial angle for the ball's motion after hitting the wall. :)
True, the projectile question wasn't as bad as usual, so I think I managed to get it. But other than that there were a tonne of questions that threw me off and I kept thinking that the questions don't look too hard, but when I started doing them I just kind of died

:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)