Mathematics Extension 1 Exam Thoughts (1 Viewer)

calamebe

HSC
Do you think they intentionally made a bomb Q. because of circumstances at the time? I think it was just a coincidence.
No of course not, they would not do that. I just feel like they should of changed the question if they could. I'm not a conspiracy theorist haha.

candyman

HSC
N/A
2006 question 7 a for 4u was question 12 c this year for 3u?

Last edited:

mrstripedshades

HSC
Personally felt it was harder than the last few years, just like Advanced.

However, I don't think it was anything ridiculous, I just made way too many mistakes to correct and ended up running out of time. also got completely fked by some questions.

Good thing for extension is that i've seen u can easily just get a mark or two fucking around. Also was gutted when there was none of those easy 1/2 d/dx V^2 type questions (you know what im trying to say)

Ambility

HSC
Could someone explain how the circle geometry perpendicular proof worked? That is, the second part to the circle geometry question.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
At this point in time, a miracle and a high E3 is what I'm praying for.

The paper whooped me harder than my parents ever did.

Its good to hear that the 4U kids in my cohort found it relatively fine - but I'm like "50/70 (god damn too high for me now I think about it) and I would be proud, heck even a 45 PLEASE BOSTES". But they did notice that it was a notch harder than the recent years of papers (but of course, 4U kids aren't human, so they found it fun and challenging).

FML.

Last edited:

calamebe

HSC
Could someone explain how the circle geometry perpendicular proof worked? That is, the second part to the circle geometry question.
What I did was let angle CBA be theta, and that was equal to angle CDA as they are angles in the same segment. Angle CDA will be equal to angle CMF for the same reason as CMDE is a cyclic quadrilateral. Also, as angle ACB is 90 degrees, angle CAB will be 90 - theta. So now we can find angle MFA to be 90 degrees by the angle sum of a triangle being 180 degrees, and so MF is perpendicular to AB.

eating

Wannabe COMP god
HSC
"50/70 and I would be proud, heck even a 45 PLEASE BOSTES"
Did you try to scab some partial marks? I know for induction if you prove the "true for x=1" and "assume true for n=k" then I believe that's 2 marks without actually doing work. (maybe just 1?)

trecex1

HSC
At this point in time, a miracle and a high E3 is what I'm praying for.

The paper whooped me harder than my parents ever did.

Its good to hear that the 4U kids in my cohort found it relatively fine - but I'm like "50/70 and I would be proud, heck even a 45 PLEASE BOSTES". But they did notice that it was a notch harder than the recent years of papers (but of course, 4U kids aren't human, so they found it fun and challenging).

FML.
Just wondering, would say that doing 4u significantly improves your 3u? If so for what reasons? Does 4u significantly improve your problem solving a skills or is it because specific 4u methods make 3u question less difficult?

calamebe

HSC
Just wondering, would say that doing 4u significantly improves your 3u? If so for what reasons? Does 4u significantly improve your problem solving a skills or is it because specific 4u methods make 3u question less difficult?
Yeah one of my friends did 4 unit, and his 3 unit marks became a lot higher afterwards. I'm guessing it's got to do with problem solving ability, as we do much harder questions that require a higher problem solving ability. I'm mainly talking about harder 3 unit anyway.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
It can make 3U become a (at least relative) piece of cake.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)