Mathematics Extension 1 HSC Trial Thread (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
How did you guys go? What were your papers and how difficult were they in comparison to HSC past papers? Any extra thought?

It's time to chat on this topic!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
You guys have had trials already?

conics2008

HSC
Indepdent Paper next week on monday ( not the coming monday )

I'd doubt it will be hard. But I have concerns in some areas.

Good Luck all 3unit/4unit people.

vds700

HSC
lyounamu said:
How did you guys go? What were your papers and how difficult were they in comparison to HSC past papers? Any extra thought?

It's time to chat on this topic!
Namu have they told you guys if anything is being taken out of the ext 1 trial? I think Mr Stollery's class had a fair bit to cover and if they didn't finish it, they would take those topics out.

Good luck every1 in extension 1!

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
I is doing the Generals paper because I isn't very smarts in Maths.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
vds700 said:
Good on you mate. Best of luck.
Thanks yous very much but I doesn't need lucks. I is doing lots of studies of math and I think I is going to do good in exam hope to God.

Wassup?

Banned
HSC
kurt.physics said:
Or English for that matter! LOL
No, I is bestest in the Englishs subject. I am do top of the class. Teachers say me smart.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
vds700 said:
Namu have they told you guys if anything is being taken out of the ext 1 trial? I think Mr Stollery's class had a fair bit to cover and if they didn't finish it, they would take those topics out.

Good luck every1 in extension 1!
Really, I don't think so. If they are taking things out, that better be Projectile Motion, because that's the only topic that would prevent me from getting 90+. :(

But in saying that, I really am not sure. But on Friday, Mr Hamam made it quite sure that we are tested on everything.

vds700

HSC
lyounamu said:
It would be to our advantage, I guess. If they rushed, they are pretty much screwed.
yeah good point....how well do u think everyone else in your class is prepared for the trials?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
vds700 said:
yeah good point....how well do u think everyone else in your class is prepared for the trials?
Um...I can be biased but my class is pretty much screwed up. I reckon I will be alright. Justin is not confident because he is worried that he cannot finish the paper on time. Other people are not very prepared. I think not much competition will come from my class, lol.

lolokay

HSC
ahhliss said:
I had a limits question where x approaches 0 for (1-cos2x)/x^2. How would you go about doing that?
1-cos2x = 2sin2x
lim x->0 sinx/x = 1
so lim x->0 2sin2x/x2 = 2

vds700

HSC
ahhliss said:
I did it this afternoon. It killed me! I haven't practised nearly enough in motion. I thought I could do projectile motion, but I need to think again since I had in my answer that the object was projected backwards o.0 Must've simplified the equation wrong, because I think I factorised correctly.

I think the paper would be considered easy by your standards, but I suck at applications of calculus and there were a lot. I also guessed my way through a question about roots...

I had a limits question where x approaches 0 for (1-cos2x)/x^2. How would you go about doing that?
This may not be right but anyway here goes...

lim {x->0} (1-cos2x)/x^2
=lim {x->0} [1 - (1 - 2sin^2x)]/x^2
=lim {x->0} (2sin^2x/x^2)
=2lim {x->0}(sinx/x)^2
= 2 (i think)

jkwii

Ultimate Member
HSC
2 marks aint too much... if it was 3 i would have been devo.

erm

HSC
lol the motion questions are where i scrape my marks from, they're usually derive this, differentiate that etc

other stuff like rates of change and parametrics i just stuff up

i think the trials are great...like getting kicked up the arse (i needed it)

you do physics, those motion questions shouldn't be too bad for you

dodgyv

CEO
HSC
OMG did anyone do the Catholic papers on 3unit and 2unit maths OMGGGGG WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF they were pretty hard 2unit test was harder than 3unit.....anyways in comparison 2unit test HSC papers i can do all not a problem excluding last questions. Ummm for trials i got up 2 question 6 (out of 10) and i had major problems MAJOR problems though i didnt study for 2 sections.... so ummm it was hard. wasnt straight forward questions u had 2 think in 2unit...which was wierd

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
vds700 said:
This may not be right but anyway here goes...

lim {x->0} (1-cos2x)/x^2
=lim {x->0} [1 - (1 - 2sin^2x)]/x^2
=lim {x->0} (2sin^2x/x^2)
=2lim {x->0}(sinx/x)^2
= 2 (i think)
dude, sometimes these are 1 mark,a dn they just want the answer

my advice if u cant do it:

put ut calculator in radians

punch in 0.0001, and hit the '=' button

then in this case punch in: (1-cos(2(ans)))/((ans)^2)

and bam, u get it!!!!

same thing for limits approaching infinity, sub in a really large value ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)