Mathematics Extension 1 HSC Trial Thread (2 Viewers)

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
erm said:
lol the motion questions are where i scrape my marks from, they're usually derive this, differentiate that etc

other stuff like rates of change and parametrics i just stuff up

i think the trials are great...like getting kicked up the arse (i needed it)

you do physics, those motion questions shouldn't be too bad for you
Projectile Motion and stuff are year 12 Physics. I haven't actually done stuff in Physics related to motion in Maths yet. We've done those vector diagrams and that's about it.

I hate parametrics too D:

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
Pwnage101 said:
dude, sometimes these are 1 mark,a dn they just want the answer

my advice if u cant do it:

put ut calculator in radians

punch in 0.0001, and hit the '=' button

then in this case punch in: (1-cos(2(ans)))/((ans)^2)

and bam, u get it!!!!

same thing for limits approaching infinity, sub in a really large value ;)
OMG why didn't I think of that?! I think I would have at least got 1 mark from it by doing that.

Thanks for the advice :p I'll be sure to do it if I am unable to work it out properly...

eliseliselise

HSC
really happy with how my 3u test went!! timed it perfectly, could do every question, didnt have a headache, no kids were singing/clapping/dancing outside, desk wasnt wobbly & expecting 90%+. thought it was pretty much on par with past HSCs [but without some content we havent learnt yet] did heaps of preparation, but 4unit screwed me over this afternoon :( really killed my confidence. ah well.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
eliseliselise said:
really happy with how my 3u test went!! timed it perfectly, could do every question, didnt have a headache, no kids were singing/clapping/dancing outside, desk wasnt wobbly & expecting 90%+. thought it was pretty much on par with past HSCs [but without some content we havent learnt yet] did heaps of preparation, but 4unit screwed me over this afternoon :( really killed my confidence. ah well.
Did you do CSSA paper?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
回复: Re: Mathematics Extension 1 HSC Trial Thread

ahhliss said:
OMG why didn't I think of that?! I think I would have at least got 1 mark from it by doing that.

Thanks for the advice :p I'll be sure to do it if I am unable to work it out properly...
What to do if it's a irrational number? :p

Use L'Hopital's rule, give me a pm if you can't wiki it.

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
eliseliselise said:
Half our tables are wobbly D:
I heard a nearby class shuffling chairs and stuff. I thought the exam was almost over and freaked out D: Only to have what felt like 20 minutes left.

conics2008

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: Mathematics Extension 1 HSC Trial Thread

tommykins said:
What to do if it's a irrational number? :p

Use L'Hopital's rule, give me a pm if you can't wiki it.
yeah this rule is pretty good.. but i would recommend you to just sub really really small numbers in to your calculator or big number depending on the questions..

ive been doing this and its been working as a charm.. but know how to find it out in working..

xD

and btw you will always get a fraction or a real number no irrational number. this is the hsc dude.. they basically feeding us marks.

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Re: 回复: Re: Mathematics Extension 1 HSC Trial Thread

conics2008 said:
yeah this rule is pretty good.. but i would recommend you to just sub really really small numbers in to your calculator or big number depending on the questions..

ive been doing this and its been working as a charm.. but know how to find it out in working..

xD

and btw you will always get a fraction or a real number no irrational number. this is the hsc dude.. they basically feeding us marks.
I had sqrt2 - 1 once.

I'd highly advise using L'Hopitals ONLY if you're desperate, my teacher is a HSC marker and doesn't think they'd allow the method to be used in exam as they want to see your algebra manipulation of sinx/x etc. to find the limit.

eliseliselise

HSC
lyounamu said:
Did you do CSSA paper?
no, not entirely!! apparantly the school buys NEAP, western region, independant and CSSA and this one was supposedly some kind of hybrid cross-breed of all of those.. the last question was a projectile motion qu followed by a SHM qu. nice test really!! unlike the... OTHER test -shudder-

ahhliss

HSC
N/A
I went on Wikipedia and tried to read the thing on L'Hopital but I gave up after not understanding anything... If I used that, would I get the same marks as if I had tried substituting a small number?

I'd prefer practising on limits and stuff over trying to learn something completely new.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)