MATHEMATICS Extension 1 REVISION OF FORMULAE AND RESULTS needed please (1 Viewer)

te_zohan

HSC
Hey guys,I used to have a few pages of formulae and results and seem to have lost them right before trials start... anything would help alot Cheers in advance

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I'd wager that you should probably know your maths instead of relying on a quasi-formula sheet...

D94

HSC
N/A
Hey guys,I used to have a few pages of formulae and results and seem to have lost them right before trials start... anything would help alot Cheers in advance
So what are you going to do in the Trials and HSC when you aren't allowed to have this formulae sheet? Learn the formulae and remember them as you do exercises.

te_zohan

HSC
kk just remember them...sorry but i don't have a photographic memory like you. Hence why i made my own formula sheet so i could revise and use them when i was doing past papers etc. saving me to go all the way back thru my notes to find the correct formula, thanks for your help champ

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
When you're doing past papers, you shouldn't need a formula sheet anyway. The point of exercises is to 'burn' the formula into you so you don't need to look up the method anymore.

Like for example, I know my sin and cos and tan expansions, I know my product rule, quotient rule... etc. etc. etc.

If you do enough maths, you don't need to look it up anymore. I remember when I did circle geometry and at first I was fully checking up all the 20-odd 'properties'... but after a week or so, I had most of them remembered and later on, I didn't need to look up any pretty much.

That's what you want.

te_zohan

HSC
Yeah i know trig expansions and all that but it makes it so much easier to have it next to you if you can't remember it then look all thru notes and so on.

Such as dividing an interval internally and externally, trig ratios, double angle results and so on..

Makes it a lot easier especially after not doing it for a while.

We all have different ways of doing things and this is how I like to do it.

D94

HSC
N/A
There's nothing wrong with using your own method, but how you go about it is a different matter. The point we're trying to stress is that if you keep on referring to this formula sheet, you run the risk of not actually remembering the formulae, and then when you sit the HSC and there is no formula sheet, you may not be able to solve the questions.

Anyway, why don't you skim through a textbook and jot down the formulae again if you really want to make another formulae sheet. Don't see what we can provide which a textbook can't in terms of relevant formulae (unless it's a crap textbook).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)