Mathematics Notes Survey. (2 Viewers)

D94

HSC
N/A
Good layout and font used are essential. This is the layout which my Physics lecturer had in his slides, please do not do this. It's just hard to read. As a student, you may want to skip the theory and look at the examples. You want to easily scan through it and look at the parts which are important to you. If you conceal an important point in a mess of sentences, then it's not effective.

Highlighting important points/theorems used/tips are also important. These must be carefully selected because these will probably be remembered more than a line of text on whitespace.

The examples should be uncommon. Textbooks tend to use the same old example, so students have that memorised; uncommon examples get students thinking.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Good layout and font used are essential. This is the layout which my Physics lecturer had in his slides, please do not do this. It's just hard to read. As a student, you may want to skip the theory and look at the examples. You want to easily scan through it and look at the parts which are important to you. If you conceal an important point in a mess of sentences, then it's not effective.

Highlighting important points/theorems used/tips are also important. These must be carefully selected because these will probably be remembered more than a line of text on whitespace.

The examples should be uncommon. Textbooks tend to use the same old example, so students have that memorised; uncommon examples get students thinking.
Did you do MATH1131/1141/1231/1241?

I liked the layout of the course notes. What would you say about them?

D94

HSC
N/A
Did you do MATH1131/1141/1231/1241?

I liked the layout of the course notes. What would you say about them?
Yes, 1141/1241. The course notes layout were excellent. Very easy to understand, gave relevant theorems and good layout.

Examine

same
HSC
Touch basics on theory, flood with worked examples

HSC
Whilst we strive to create the 'ultimate' maths notes, there are always more examples and more tips and tricks we could include. An important thing is to be selective about the examples you make.

Also, depending on the tutor, I'm assuming notes are a supplement to the teaching/tutoring which is being done. (If not, ignore this) I think that the notes should reinforce the material being taught and should perhaps follow it as much as possible. Perhaps spend less time delving into the theory that is perhaps absorbed better as it is explained, and have more worked examples (explained).

Tips and tricks are especially useful!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)